Am I sick or is it a side effect??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I sick or is it a side effect??

I've been on Tec for a little over 3 weeks and was fine as long as I took everyone's very helpful advice on here regarding food and aspirin. After a week of the higher dose I got so sick with stomach pain, bloating, nausea, in a fog and peeing every 20 minutes. The Dr took a urine sample (results tomorrow I hope) but there were white blood cells so he put me on antibiotics. its been four days and most of my infection issues have cleared up but I am still so nauseous especially in the upper part of my stomach. I'm sick if I eat and sick if I don't eat. I'm usually pretty tough but it feels so awful - different than any other nausea I've experienced. Feels like I'm going to throw up but don't. Would the GI side effects that can come along with Tec have taken that long to start feeling them?? I know it might be different for everyone one but I'm hoping for confirmation. I will not go back to injections so if this is the side effect I can buckle down and deal with it until it passes but I don't want to overlook another health problem.

I can't help with Tecfidera, but any chance the antibiotics are causing some of the nauseousness?

Hope you feel better soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

It's entirely possible and that would be a relief if it comes to an end once the Bactrum is finished. I'm hoping someone who had sickness with Tec can describe the sickness they experienced (meaning was it constant, how long did it last, etc) just so I can know moving forward

Comment

Tec Stomach (The poison pill)

I started on Tecifidera one year ago...the stomach side-effects were exactly what was described in their pamphlet (a road map of the first 2 months). It was terrible. Indescribable. ...suddenly, and similar to the timeframe in their road map, it got better. Weeks 3-6 were bad - I just referred to it as my poison pill. ...spent many days curled up in bed with my knees to my chest and feeling completely miserable! My Dr recommended I take it with a spoonful of peanut butter, but I honestly don't know if that made a difference or not during this timeframe.
        My hope is you can stick with it and ride it out. Best of luck!

Comment

Thank you for your response. I must have accidentally thrown that pamphlet out - sounds like it would be helpful so I wish I had it. I feel a lot better now, I can function daily, but I have this underlying sick to my stomach feeling most of the time. I am confident it will pass and it's much better than injections!!

Originally posted by Craig45DxMS View Post
          I started on Tecifidera one year ago...the stomach side-effects were exactly what was described in their pamphlet (a road map of the first 2 months). It was terrible. Indescribable. ...suddenly, and similar to the timeframe in their road map, it got better. Weeks 3-6 were bad - I just referred to it as my poison pill. ...spent many days curled up in bed with my knees to my chest and feeling completely miserable! My Dr recommended I take it with a spoonful of peanut butter, but I honestly don't know if that made a difference or not during this timeframe.
          My hope is you can stick with it and ride it out. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
          X