Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus Clinical Trial Results Question

Hello

Does anyone know if there are Ocrevus Clinical Trial results, available to the public, that would show details regarding trial participants ages, length of disease, and relapse history?

I'm interested in knowing the effectiveness of the drug in older PPMS patients, with longstanding MS (20 years), who has never had any relapses.

I've been searching for this info, but so far haven't had any luck.

Thanks.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Hello

In the link that Kimba22 provided in another post, I was able to get some info on the participants in the trial.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Abo...proves-Ocrevus

There were many informative questions and answers in that link:

Q. Will everyone who has primary progressive MS benefit from Ocrevus?

A. We don’t know, since like all clinical trials, the Ocrevus trial in primary progressive MS limited the characteristics of people who could participate. The trial only included people who were aged 18 to 55, who had an EDSS (Expanded Disability Status Scale – a scale to assess neurological functioning used in clinical trials) score of up to 6.5 (meaning they were able to walk with the help of a walker or bilateral crutches or other devices on both sides), and who had evidence of immune proteins in a test of their spinal fluid (“oligoclonal bands”). It is not possible to predict how a specific individual will respond to treatment. The use of Ocrevus in clinical practice will help determine who is likely to benefit.

Q. Is it better to take it earlier than later for treating progressive MS?

A. In the ORATORIO trial for primary progressive MS, the average time from diagnosis in participants was 3.3 years. It is not known how the medication will work in people who have had primary progressive MS for longer periods of time.

That helped my curiosity a little. I guess you really just have to try the drug to know for sure if it will help (like all the other DMT's).

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X