Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) and MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) and MS

I am looking for anyone who has been diagnosed with both MS and CMT. I have been diagnosed with CMT since early childhood and MS since January,, 2017. I have had symptoms of MS for many years.
    I am also interested in an online presence for those with both disorders, preferably finding one or creating one, if necessary.

Welcome! Sorry that you have so much on your plate, but a support group sounds like a good idea for yourself and others. Good luck with finding one or starting it.

Comment

CMT

Welcome,

I have not heard of to many that have had both.

This is a wonderful resource for MS patients.

I am sorry, no one else has come forward to post on your post.

Do you follow a website for your CMT?

I wonder if there are some out that that have CMT and do not know it?
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

CMT and MS

Hi.
        My husbond has been diagnosed with both CMT and MS. He has had CMT for almost 13 years now, and last year we found out he has gotten MS as well, and probably have had it for some time. But here in Norway the doctors has said that those two diagnoses are very rare and almost impossible.

Comment

CMT and M.S.

Originally posted by JEM86 View Post
          I am looking for anyone who has been diagnosed with both MS and CMT. I have been diagnosed with CMT since early childhood and MS since January,, 2017. I have had symptoms of MS for many years.
          I am also interested in an online presence for those with both disorders, preferably finding one or creating one, if necessary.
          I was diagnosed with both. They had been treating me for CIDP until I did a genetic blood test for CMT a couple months back and it came back positive. Plus they confirmed M.S. last week. The lumbar puncher didn't show any bands that confirm m.s. But the M.S. clinic said my MRI scans were typical of someone that has M.S. They want me to take copaxone in addition to the IVIG that I have been getting for three years. What meds are you taking?

Comment

Working...
          X