Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In limbo for me ??

Hi there!

I'm new to this site and new to the idea of MS.

I'm 28. I've had"symptoms" for years, but hadn't even heard of MS until a couple months ago. Since then I've been to see a neurologist. Insurance only approved brain MRI, Said If anything was found , they'd reconsider doing the others...
    Only one lesion on my brain, and my neurologist was very confusing about how he felt about the results. I'm now waiting for insurance to approve the other MRIs and going from there.
    Being in a limbo state, I'm in the learning/ researching phase.
    I want to hear everyone's experiences, advice, and to just say hi!
    Soooooo, HI!!!!!

Originally posted by Organikagurl View Post
    Hi there!

I'm new to this site and new to the idea of MS.

I'm 28. I've had"symptoms" for years, but hadn't even heard of MS until a couple months ago. Since then I've been to see a neurologist. Insurance only approved brain MRI, Said If anything was found , they'd reconsider doing the others...
    Only one lesion on my brain, and my neurologist was very confusing about how he felt about the results. I'm now waiting for insurance to approve the other MRIs and going from there.
    Being in a limbo state, I'm in the learning/ researching phase.
    I want to hear everyone's experiences, advice, and to just say hi!
    Soooooo, HI!!!!!
    Hi Organikagurl

Welcome to the MSWorld site.

You may have already learned that certain criteria must be met before a diagnosis of MS can be made, with all other possible diagnoses ruled out.

This info from the NMSS (National MS Society) explains this better than I ever could:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym.../Diagnosing-MS

Wishing you the best!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Organikagurl,

I have a family member and 2 good friends with MS and from my perspective would like to offer a few things with the hope of helping you. First it is important to understand that every person is 100% unique and symptoms of typically debilitating conditions like MS are not always consistent. With MS, the nerve damage disrupts communication between the brain and the body. The symptoms, severity, and duration can vary from person to person. Some people may have slight symptoms, while others can have severe chronic symptoms that never go away. Physical therapy and prescription medications that suppress the immune system seem to help with symptoms and slow disease progression but some people have side effects from the drugs. Since the “immune system” is vital to overall health, it is not sensible "to me" to suppress the immune system to get a temporary fix. Rather, I have had success helping my friends learn more about the immune system and work to take responsibility for everything they put into it. - hence me being here.

Researchers know the nerve damage is caused by inflammation, but the cause of the inflammation is still unknown. In this case it is wise to be responsible for keeping your immune system charged by drinking a lot of “pure” water, eating raw fruits and vegetables and high protein as quality protein contributes greatly to healthy cells. Sugar, high fructose food and drinks as well as processed foods contribute to inflammation so avoiding these as much as possible is useful.

Because we live a sea of toxins including but not limited to the air, your car cushions, ( off gassing especially in new cars ) fake nails ( the glue ) hair spray, makeup, shampoo and conditioner with sulfates, sunscreen ( chemicals ) - remember everything you put on your skin goes into the blood stream. Our job as healthy people is to educate ourselves about how to limit the exposure to toxins that effect our immune system. I'm not saying to worry about any of these things. Worry does nothing but suppress the immune system. So don't worry. Just be aware and work to adjust your intake.

I also love Dr. Bruce Lipton who is a world renowned cellular biologist who teaches people how the body works at the cellular level. His books and videos on You Tube are amazing and have helped millions of people realize that your thoughts and intention relate to how your cells behave. I have personally healed by body with a significant issue that required surgery ( stated by two orthopedic surgeons ) but instead did it with meditation. You can have a direct effect on your cells with the power of thought so don't ever lose sight of that and search for people who have proven it. Open your mind to the miraculous as it is all around us.

If you have any questions about this I'm happy to elaborate.

Blessings to you.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hi Organikagurl

Welcome to the MSWorld site.

You may have already learned that certain criteria must be met before a diagnosis of MS can be made, with all other possible diagnoses ruled out.

This info from the NMSS (National MS Society) explains this better than I ever could:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym.../Diagnosing-MS

Wishing you the best!

Take Care
        Thanks for the info. I do know what it takes to diagnose.
        But ill read it again haha.
        My neurologist was very confusing. He said my symptoms fit and that it was a big possibility, and then he said he thought it was low chance, but THEN he said he wants me to get other MRI done, and if they find more lesions they'll do the spinal tap. So he went from yes, to no, to maybe, to its very possible. I just want a reason for what I've been dealing with. I don't think it's nearly as bad as others, but I just want to know what's wrong. :/ you know?

Comment

Originally posted by hopeandhelping View Post
          Hi Organikagurl,

If you have any questions about this I'm happy to elaborate.

Blessings to you.
          I thank you for your reply!! I appreciate going the natural way. My mother has been fighting breast cancer that way.

I have a silly question...
          I have asked about what exactly a "flare up" is. I was told that It would be new symptoms or worsening of symptoms lasting for 24 hours or longer. My question with this is, is that 24 hours of constant symptom, or would it still be considered 24 hours if it was like say an hour of symptom, fading and then coming back an hour later, etc. ???

Comment

Hello Organikagurl and welcome to MSWorld

Originally posted by Organikagurl View Post
            I have asked about what exactly a "flare up" is. I was told that It would be new symptoms or worsening of symptoms lasting for 24 hours or longer. My question with this is, is that 24 hours of constant symptom, or would it still be considered 24 hours if it was like say an hour of symptom, fading and then coming back an hour later, etc. ???
            An exacerbation, relapse, attack, flare-up, all mean the same thing ---- A worsening of old and/or new symptoms lasting continuously for more than 24 hours.

An exacerbation means continuously for at least 24 hours, if symptoms last less than 24 hours it is not considered an exacerbation, just normal for the disease.
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
            X