X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 03/23/17

Exercise Check-In for 03/16/17

Five of us checked in this week.

Thanks for posting, in an easy-to-read place, whether you made your goal. That makes things easier for me.

GOALS REACHED:

Four people made their goal.

GOALS MISSED:
    One person missed their goal.

Reminder:
    Feel free to re-evaluate your goals. You can change them weekly, if you wish. Keep them reasonable for yourself. Sometimes, for us, that changes.

Exercise Tip:

I don't always feel motivated to look for exercise tips. Feel free to add one, if you wish. Pats on the back if you changed your goal to something that you decided is more appropriate for you. An appropriate goal can motivate you to keep trying.

For new Exercisers:

Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.

I'll report my exercise below.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Goals for last week:

1. Walk 3000 or more steps on my pedometer 3-5 days per week.
    2. Exercise 3 or more days per week. This could include WiiFit in my basement. Or it could include attending a fitness class at the YMCA, etc. OR Exercise 2 hours or more per week.

Goal 1:
    W: 2630
    steps
    T: 2436
    steps
    M: 1558
    steps
    S: 2404
    steps
    S: 1913
    steps
    F: 2063
    steps
    Th: 1348 steps. total 14,342
    0 days over 3000 steps. (I had 4 days over 2000 steps and 1 day over 2500 steps.)

Goal 2:
    W: Went to a Gentle Yoga class at the Y. (It was way easier than the Intermediate Yoga class I attended two other times.)
    Exercised 1 time, not 3. And only 1 hour, not 2.

I'm going to take my own advice and make my goal reasonable for myself by adding a minimum goal. The previous goal seemed reasonable for awhile, but I had to push myself to accomplish it, and I need a break from "pushing". Will probably aim for minimum goal for a month or so and then I might return to my current goal. My new goal will still help me to have some expectations of myself beyond doing "what comes naturally" when I don't try. It still exceeds the little I accomplished the past two weeks.

Make one goal or two goals. Even one goal is better than I used to do before we started this check-in again.
    1. Walk 3000 or more steps on my pedometer 3-5 days per week. Minimum goal -- Walk daily average of 16,000 steps.

2. Exercise 3 or more days per week. This could include WiiFit in my basement. Or it could include attending a fitness class at the YMCA, etc.
    - OR Exercise 2 hours or more per week.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 03-31-2017, 01:38 AM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

did not make goal

GOAL: meet or exceed 4000 steps a day for 5 out of 7 days OR average at least 4000 steps a day for the entire week.

I did not make my goal . The only day that I had 4000 steps was Wednesday and I only exceeded it by 34 steps .

I have not felt good this past week. I started a new DMD on Tuesday before last (have been on it for 9 doses) and I have had NO energy. I spoke with a 'one to one ' rep today and she assured me that this is not a listed side effect, but that she would report it anyhow. My next neuro appointment is in two weeks so here is hoping that I make it that long so that I can discuss this with him.

I felt some better yesterday and today, but still dragging for me. My tummy has not been happy for the entire time, so I haven't been eating as much (hardly any), but I feel that I have gained weight .

The weather has turned nice here and I so want to get outside and work in my yards / flowers. Just think of all the exercise I would be getting if I just had the energy to do so ...

Good job to all who made an effort this week .

Comment

I made my goal

Sat. 30 min stationary bike
        Wed. "
        Thur. "

I did laundry on Tues. I don't just sit all day, I am up and down doing things in the house and I cook about 4 days a wk sometimes more. I don't cook a lot at once. I spread it out.

msgijo-- I hope you feel better soon.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I made my goal!
          Wii for 2 days
          other exercise 2 days

got a pedometer app on my phone but only works if it's in your pocket. so hard to use it consistently.
          Mon over 1500 steps
          Tues over 1500 steps

my grandchildren are visiting, watching a 5 mo old and 4 yr old is exercise enough for any 55 yr old!! !!

have a blessed week everyone!
          poohb3ar
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Goals -
            6000 steps 5 of 7 days
            1 day half mile walk at a good pace

This week was almost perfect. I did learn a valuable lesson though, check the pedometer before bedtime, not in the morning!

Thu - 6619
            Fri - 5998 - REALLY??? TWO steps short of the goal???? UGH
            Sat - 7144
            Sun - 6004
            Mon - 6065
            Tue - 6285
            Wed - 8399

Wednesday was my half mile walk. It's getting shorter time-wise. I'm not sure I'm ready for a jog, but I should probably start adding jogging bits to my walk. That or lengthen my walk to a mile. Can't decide. I'll think on it this weekend & make a decision. That Black Belt test is coming up & I need to be ready for it. Sensei is going to time my mile in May & my goal (& determining factor over my pass/fail of this part of the test) will be my improvement of that time.
            "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
            Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

I did indeed meet my goal of many exercises completely. I will try to do the same this week.
              Congratulations to all who met their goals or who did their best. Karen

Comment

Working...
              X