Accupuncture for burning pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accupuncture for burning pain?

Has anyone tried accupuncture to treat burning pain? Did it help? I have burning pain in my feet and sometimes legs, and prescription medication (Lyrica, Nortriptyline) are not very effective. I was wondering if accupuncture might help.

Thanks,
    Lisa

I've used acupuncture over the years for many symptoms and found much relief for different types of pain. Over the course of a few months, she concentrated on my feet for neuropathic pain and it did help,although I had to keep coming back for more treatments. Sadly, I had to stop going as my insurance wouldn't pay. Had to pay $65 a session and it added up!

Still have that awful burning/icy pain in my feet and wish I could go again

Hope you give it a try!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi I have had acupuncture for different things over the years, it really helped, it helps to go in with a positive attitude, it helped my knee pain and sinus problems but I have not tried it for my MS, the problem as I see it is you might experience pain or burning in your foot so you treat that area with a bunch of needles but the problem is the nerves in your head telling you different thats just the way I see it if nothing else it can be very relaxing Craig

Comment

Yes! I found a Dr that practiced Chinese acupuncture. After four sessions the leg pain and burning was gone and I don't have to use gabapentin anymore. Each session was $90 and my insurance did not cover it. That was four years ago. It was worth every penny! I wish the acupuncture would help with balance.

Comment

Acupuncture for balance

I just started seeing a very good acupuncturist for dizziness and balance. I only had one session so far and my walking is much better though the dizziness is about the same. I really believe acupuncture can help as I tried it many years ago for pain after surgery since I get sick with strong pain killers. It worked and one day after major surgery I didn't need anything else for pain.

I will be going back this week for my second session and I am really hopeful for more improvement.

Comment

Working...
          X