Sleep walking without sleeping or walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep walking without sleeping or walking

Spasticity has changed on me, and I'm not sure if it might be a relapse or just a pseudo-relapse because the weather has been jumping from cool to warm to cold and humid almost daily. My legs are not letting me lay down in bed. My thighs will contract, my knees will bend, and then severe charlie-horse pain rockets through my calf muscles and when I try to stand up and relieve the spasticity, it almost knocks me on the floor. I am thinking of asking my MS doc about balcofen (not sure if I spelled it correctly). Are there other meds/ways to deal with spasticity?

Baclofen is what they usually prescribe. It can cause drowsiness, but if you just need it at night that should be ok. The other med for spasticity is Zanaflex. That made me sleepier than the baclofen.

Comment

Thanks, Kmallory1. I'll look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshEv View Post
        Spasticity has changed on me, and I'm not sure if it might be a relapse or just a pseudo-relapse because the weather has been jumping from cool to warm to cold and humid almost daily. My legs are not letting me lay down in bed. My thighs will contract, my knees will bend, and then severe charlie-horse pain rockets through my calf muscles and when I try to stand up and relieve the spasticity, it almost knocks me on the floor. I am thinking of asking my MS doc about balcofen (not sure if I spelled it correctly). Are there other meds/ways to deal with spasticity?
        Hi JoshEv

Very good info from NMSS (National MS Society) about spasticity, including ways to deal with it:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Na...Spasticity.pdf

From the article:

Spasticity, like other aspects of your MS, is unique to you. As with other MS symptoms, spasticity tends to come and go and to be worse under certain conditions.

Typical triggers include cold temperatures, high humidity, tight clothing, tight shoes, constipation, poor posture, viral infection such as a cold or the flu, or bacterial infection including skin sores or bladder infections.

Hope you get relief soon!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X