social security cuts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

social security cuts ?

will republicans try to cut social security ?; i am 64.5 yrs old, on ssdi, will go to full retirement in 08/18: how will the possible cuts effect me, how much might they be, will the be across the board, etc. thanks

As of now, no. I think the parties know cutting funding to Social Security and Medicare would be political suicide in the next election cycle. At least I pray. I can only imagine the protests the country would see.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Agree that as of now, no. But certain "parties" tend to want to reduce / cut entitlement programs. (don't want to make this a political conversation...or argument lol). I'm on SSDI and headed to Medicare in the near future.

Always good to keep an eye on what's going on, and with your state and federal political representatives.

Comment

Funny business

Well what is being talked about now is giving the middle class a tax cut in the form of removing the soc sec tax being removed from your paycheck. It's a very sneaky way of defunding soc security and calling it a tax cut. I keep up to date on this and also health care law by watching Rachel Maddow. Her PhD in political science, Rhodes scholar and all that make her the most qualified sleuth for these shenanigans. Some of the ideas being tossed around are beyond draconian.
        ---------------
        "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

If they cut the funding, who's gonna vote them..all i see is protest and chaos coming out

Comment

Originally posted by AmyForever View Post
            If they cut the funding, who's gonna vote them..all i see is protest and chaos coming out
            They seem to think we are all stupid enough not to notice what's being proposed. But I will post somewhere on here about what's threatening any MS patients.

What's scaring me is the stuff going on right now regard the affordable care act, and threatening the insurers with not getting their reimbursement for Medicaid sign on's for last year, trying to topple the system with these threats. There are so many threats to my ability to keep my health care that it truly is taking years off my life. And I have no fight left in me, just the ability to stare in horror at the daily developments which threaten me in more ways than one.
            ---------------
            "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Comment

I'VE BEEN WATCHING DAILY ON HEALTHCARE.
              FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THE SENATE DOESNT WANT SSDI,SSI OR MEDICAID CUTS FOR THE DISABIED .GRANTED IVE BEEN WRONG ALOT THESES DAYS.
              I'M SSDI/MEDICAID . ANY CUTS TO MY COVERAGE NO MATTER HOW SMALL LEAVES ME ME HOMELESS AND WITHOUT COVERAGE. I JUST DON'T GET ENOUGH TO SURVIVE ON MY OWN. PLUS MY HUSBAND AND DAUGHTER ARE ON MEDICAID.
              MY DAUGHTER HAS SYRINGOMYLEGIA SO LIFE DEPENDS ON CONTINUING MEDICAL CARE.
              THE VOUCHER SYSTEM JUST WONT COVER MOST OF OUR NEEDS . MY BASIC MEDS A MONTH COST 1,000 .
              ANYONE 65 AND OVER KEEPS THIER MEDICARE NO WORRIES THERE.
              I BELIEVE THAT GOVERNMENT WILL PROTECT US. ALTHOUGH I ALSO BELIEVE THERE WILL BE DEEP CUTS TO MEDICARE AND MEDICAID. I HOPE AND PRAY I'M WRONG. SCARES ME .
              I NEVER TRUSTED GOVERNMENT BEFORE AND I LIKE EVEN LESS NOW . STILL PRAYING THINGS IMPROVE.

Comment

Working...
              X