Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info on different vehicles

Hi,
    I am getting ready to buy a new car and was wondering what to even consider. I have a 2005 Toyotal Sienna at the moment. It has a ramp and is totally loaded with hand controls. I bought this van while I was still working and needed the hand controls. I really want to buy something other than a van but am not sure what. My husband and I looked at the KIA Soul but I could not find one that had all of they "toys" that I want in it. Hand controls wont be an issue as I drive only 2/3 times per month and I can do that with a car's regular features. I would be okay with adding a lift to the back of the vehicle for my power chair.
    Does anyone drive anything else besides a van? If so, what kind? how do you like it?
    Thanks for the help.
    Idalia

HI we just recently bought another car as the old one was too low to get in and out of, occasionally im in a wheel chair so we looked for one that the seat height was the same as my chair to make entry and exit easier we don't have any special driving aids as most of the time i can drive but was looking at some today for me we were looking at adding another accelerator pedal on the left beside the brake pedal so we bought an "suv" with adjustable seat height it has made it so much easier good luck with your choice Craig

Comment

I drive 2007 Dodge Entervan/Caravan; pretty compact, looks like station wagon,

Local Handicap group (Seattle) financed the $12k for me at non-profit revolving fund 5%, 5 years; love them! Has great full-size side ramp; dropped floor; love the full hand controls too. Now shopping for ceiling track mobility system like Sure Hands to keep me moving. Very happy every morning, check the bath mirror, if I fog it it's going to be a great day!

Comment

Working...
      X