Roasted Carrot Arugula salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roasted Carrot Arugula salad

This is great for that leftover bag of carrots that eyes you every time you open the fridge.

After peeling and slicing, and a bit of olive oil and s&p, I add some toasted sesame oil and brown sugar to accentuate the sweet toastiness. The brown sugar is probably unneeded. I usually roast at 400 for about a half hour.

Whenever I make a salad dressing it's always the same. I can't veer away from balsamic vin (together with red wine vin and rice vin or anything else around but mostly balsamic), garlic, shallot, dijon mustard, a small bit of honey or brown sugar, and light olive and/or canola oil. s&p. I'd like to one day try a brown butter vinaigrette but this is too easy and foolproof. No measuring just throw it into the mini-processor. Then adjust as needed. You can easily fix mistakes. But it would be nice to have a different color once in a while. And an herb or two.

Anyway if you try this have fun and enjoy and please someone post some salad dressing recipes! Maybe nothing sweet? But not too tart I'm more riesling than chardonnay if that even translates/makes sense. Unless it's cheap chardonnay they're usually not too dry.
Working...
X