New and not diagnosed yet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and not diagnosed yet...

This all started Back in 98 when I first had funny symptoms in my legs and it passed. Around that same time I would smell smells that werent there.. In 2003 I had issues with my eyes darting and not being able read very well due it and prob some other issues I cant remember. In 2004 I started having muscle twitches and feeling like I was weak, I Dont remember all the symptoms then either but they did do an mri and evoked potentials? test. I think the evoked potentials test showed some abnormality. The MRI only showed 1 old lesion, so they could not diagnose me at the time.

For the last year IVe felt dizzy on and off. My b12 was a little low and IVe been taking 10,000-20,000mcg of methyl b12 a day as i had numb fingers and lost my sense of smell. In may my shoulder started hurting. july or august or maybe even june I lost my sense of smell. It has come back a little bit with the b12 supp but not to what it was. I cant even smell gas that my friend spilled on herself at the gas station. In october I was so tired I couldnt get out of bed til 6pm my normal time of waking is 12-1pm. during this period, I had a couple episodes where I Couldnt move or talk and my hubby went to bed and left me sitting on the couch but i couldnt even pick up my phone to text him that i needed to get up.

Since this episode started, i noticed the weakness and muscle twitching first. then i started having problems swallowing. Ive also had a terrible time remembering words, talking and remembering things. ive had chest pain under my ribs, blurry vision, muscle aches, unable to walk, almost unable to stand, arms are getting weaker, the room sometimes feels like its spinning, my hands are shaky, I woke up once and my leg felt like it was vibrating but I couldnt tell exactly where it was coming from, my legs feel like they dont want to relax, I fell down once when trying to sit on the couch as my little dog jumped up behind me and I couldnt react, I had been relatively migraine free but they have increased since end of december, not sure if its pre menopause or related to this. I have been peeing more lately too. and Im smelling a burnt odor thats not there. I cant smell things unless theyre right under my nose and sometimes things smell like b vitamins instead of like what theyre supposed to smell like. ex, poop or skunk.

Very uncertain and hoping to get enough money together to get an mri done, as I Dont have insurance.

I am sorry that you are experiencing those symptoms and it is even more troubling that you are uninsured. I suggest that you find a way to consult a neurologist. I suggest that you get your vitamin D levels tested. I know that my neurologist charges $400 per visit . And I have been told that the vitamin D test is expensive. I don't have any suggestions on how you will afford to treat your symptoms without insurance but your symptoms seem to be neurological. Good luck

Comment

hello

Hello,

I wanted to point out to you the stickys that are at the top of all the threads. There was a sticky entitled resources. Under that sticky was this link to resources.

Different resources offer different kinds of help. Multiple Sclerosis Association of America, that is on there has a MRI fund. There website can guide you through that.

I do not remember which one, but, one of them offers Money for a Neurologist. I do not know how that process works. But, please utilize them to help in this process.
      God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

forgot the link

Sorry, I forgot the link in above post.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...1361-Resources
        God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Comment

Working...
        X