HI from O-HI-O!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI from O-HI-O!

I was here quite often quite a few years ago. I was a regular.
    My name is Ruth Donahue.

I knit, sew and crochet. I play banjo, violin, piano and sing. My daughter is going to college for Music education and I could not be more proud of her.

Feel free to friend me on FaceBook.

I also play a game called Toontown Rewritten. It is a copy of the Original Disney game that was dropped but kept alive by avid fans who know their way around code. I belong to a group for that game called ATTA: Adult Toontown Addicts and we have a FB page where we plan our fun.

MS has taught me a lot about being patient with myself and giving myself time to get it together in a lot of circumstances. I am 50 years old and was DX'd in 1987. They thought that I may have had a stroke but after the spinal tap they said,"MS."
    The disease is getting more like progressive than remitting for me now. I take Copaxone 40mg. Sometimes it is a struggle to get out of bed. I am glad that I have a job now so that I will get up and not linger in bed all day.
    If anyone wants to PM me about anything feel free.

Originally posted by rudonah View Post
    I was here quite often quite a few years ago. I was a regular.
    My name is Ruth Donahue.

I knit, sew and crochet. I play banjo, violin, piano and sing. My daughter is going to college for Music education and I could not be more proud of her.

Feel free to friend me on FaceBook.

I also play a game called Toontown Rewritten. It is a copy of the Original Disney game that was dropped but kept alive by avid fans who know their way around code. I belong to a group for that game called ATTA: Adult Toontown Addicts and we have a FB page where we plan our fun.

MS has taught me a lot about being patient with myself and giving myself time to get it together in a lot of circumstances. I am 50 years old and was DX'd in 1987. They thought that I may have had a stroke but after the spinal tap they said,"MS."
    The disease is getting more like progressive than remitting for me now. I take Copaxone 40mg. Sometimes it is a struggle to get out of bed. I am glad that I have a job now so that I will get up and not linger in bed all day.
    If anyone wants to PM me about anything feel free.
    HI RUTH!
    I was on here a few years ago too. I play guitar, congas and sing I am highly impressed that you play Banjo) . I bet you are so proud of your daughter. Most of us RRMS people progress to what is called Secondary MS! That happened to me a few years ago. Is cruddy,. but is what this darn disease does to us.
    Peace to all,
    LM
    RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Hi and Welcome Ruth, I have no musical talents at all (wish I did) but I love to listen and sing (at home and in my car) my husband and kids have learned to ignore or join in.

Comment

Hello Ruth and welcome to msw. I like to play games also. I have never heard of the game toontown. Yes ms has a way of teaching us patience .

Welcome again.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Hello

I was dx in 2006, I am 44. My oldest son just left OSU last Saturday to study Political Science. I am in Ohio near Lake Erie. I am a nurse but stopped nursing 2 years ago due to fatigue and vision issues. I have been on this forum years ago and pop back every now and then.
          Diagnosed 2006, RRMS.

Comment

Another O-H-I-O MS'er here!

Originally posted by Fishytrout View Post
            HI RUTH!
            I was on here a few years ago too. I play guitar, congas and sing I am highly impressed that you play Banjo) . I bet you are so proud of your daughter. Most of us RRMS people progress to what is called Secondary MS! That happened to me a few years ago. Is cruddy,. but is what this darn disease does to us.
            Hi Ruth:

Another Ohio resident here, like you, I was here a few years ago - like many of us, I was diagnosed in 1993 w/RRMS (but they think I had MS for at least 10 years prior - that was before the advent of MRI's!). I've returned to the board because of the increase in symptoms and questions that only other MS'ers really "have experience" with.

I too (at 58) was just told that I have progressed to Secondary MS. I just got home after spending the last three days at the Cleveland Clinic; went back to see my neurologist at the Mellen center, they started me on IM solumedrol and I also saw another MD there that specialized in spasticity, which has also become a significant factor for me. They started me on Baclofen, I'm supposed to go back up in November to see if that's going to help, if not he'd like to treat me with Botox injections in my arm and leg.

Currently, I live in SW Ohio, where (unfortunately) I've not found much "specialized care" neurologists who deal with MS. I used to live in the Cleveland area, (and was on Tysabri for five years, which I think really was helpful in keeping symptoms at bay) but came back home in 2012 to care for my dad who had Parkinson's and then a stroke, he passed a couple of years ago. I don't have much of a social network here and after being up "north" this week, I am seriously contemplating returning to Cleveland. (moving is such a pain!)

I'm on SSDI, (I also have Meniere's) but felt well enough to return to work earlier this year. I too was tired of staying home and only talking to my cat!!! I work part-time in a vet's office; the job (CSR) is more stressful than I anticipated, and though I was promised on a 15-20 work week (of course, I didn't disclose my MS to my employer), one of the other CSR's left so my boss told me after I return, until they hire/train someone "new" I'll probably be looking at 35-40 hrs. week. I worked 8 hours last Saturday, which 'wore me out', I slept 10 hours on Sunday/at the same time dealing with right sided weakness, awful brain fog, and a tremor (which is hard to hide!)

I don't have any musical talents (I'm jealous of yours); I just picked up knitting again, which I find relaxing - and have a small container garden (another stress reliever for me!)

Well I think that's about it for me - I'm struggling with having MS coming back into my life (up to now I've been fortunate - Meniere's has been more of a problem than my MS, along with some kidney problems). I've tried to keep the motto "I have MS but it doesn't have me", so hopefully I will be able get back to "life" where that's not so much a focus.

Nice to meet you!
            Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
            It's already tomorrow in Australia" - Charles Schultz

Comment

Gee, I live in Kentucky. Why do I feel as if I'm crashing a party? I've been to Ohio.

Comment

Not Crashing O-H-I-O!!!!

Hi Brad:

Not crashing at all!!! Welcome to you and the "Bluegrass State" -I used to live in Northern Kentucky and enjoyed living there - Lexington, KY remains one of my favorite places to visit!!!!!!! Back "before MS", I used to have a couple horses, unfortunately, they became a bit too much work for me to care for. I still love horses though!
                Plus you generally have less snow.....!!!!!!
                Just curious, where do you go for treatment and are you happy with your doctors???
                Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
                It's already tomorrow in Australia" - Charles Schultz

Comment

I live in Lexington, right near Keeneland! My neuro is with Central Baptist. My pump world, though, is run by the University of Kentucky.

Comment

Working...
                  X