Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus - Finally some PPMS Love ...

No Evidence of Progression More Likely Among PPMS Patients on Ocrevus

Ocrevus (ocrelizumab) increased the proportion of patients with no evidence of progression (NEP) in the recently concluded ORATORIO Phase 3 clinical trial in patients with primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS).

NEP was defined as having no disability progression as measured by the Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS) at 12 weeks, and no confirmed progression of 20 percent or more on the timed 25-foot walk test and on the 9-hole peg test. These tests cover the patient’s overall disability, including both arm function and ambulation. Patients continued evaluations until the end of the study or until researchers recorded a pre-specified number of progressions.

At 120 weeks, 42.7 percent of Ocrevus-treated patients reached NEP, compared to only 29.1 percent among those receiving placebo. The difference represents a 47 percent relative increase in the Ocrevus group.

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2017/02/23/actrims2017-no-evidence-of-progression-among-large-part-of-ppms-patients-on-ocrevus-reason-for-optimism/

Marco, thank you for the info; you are always great with details. Forgive my math skills, but 43 on drug vs 29 on placebo doesn't add up to a 47 percent benefit. Help me. Also do you know how medicare will reimburse since it's an IV?

thanks, lori

Comment

Hi, Lori. I can help with the math part. To find the percentage increase from 29.1 to 42.7, you first find the difference between the two (42.7 - 29.1, which equals 13.6), then you divide the difference by the original number, 29.1. So 13.6/29.1, which equals 46.89, which rounds up to 47%. So that's the percentage increase over 29.1. Hope that helps. :-)

Comment

Working...
      X