Rotator Cuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotator Cuff

Figured I would come here to ask a general problem question.
    I know everyone is great about chiming in on their own experience, so I am going to ask a question.

1. Have you ever had a tear or injury in your rotator cuff?
    2. Was it due to a traumatic incident or was it a repetative injury (hair dressers often get this injury by the way they must hold their arms to cut hair)

I am having some pain in my right shoulder which , incidentally, is the shoulder I have an impartial tear in (my Rotator cuff). I only know this because I had the MRI done. It was done because of a fall (fall was NOT on shoulder.)
    Peace to all,
    LM
    RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Hi Fishytrout,

I had a partial rotator cuff tear about 8 years ago. It was due to an accident --- pushed the wrong speed on the treadmill and hung on for dear life with my right hand/arm until I could hit the string that would disengage the treadmill.

MRI showed partial tear, received cortisone injection and gave it a few weeks then did light exercises that would help my range of motion. I still have some problems with it, usually noticeable when doing upper body exercises. I know I now have arthritis in that shoulder which doesn't help

Have you seen an orthopedist and discussed options?
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Hi Fishytrout,

I had a partial rotator cuff tear about 8 years ago. ....

MRI showed partial tear, received cortisone injection and gave it a few weeks then did light exercises that would help my range of motion. I still have some problems with it, usually noticeable when doing upper body exercises. I know I now have arthritis in that shoulder which doesn't help

Have you seen an orthopedist and discussed options?
      SNOOPY,
      Thank you for your prompt reply to my post (sorry about the treadmill accident you had. That's why I always clip my string on my waistband) I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you posting to my thread. I have not been to ortho yet. I am SO GLAD to see that this may not need surgery. I was in a TIZZY thinking I may need surg. The pain is traveling down my arm, even making elbow and hand hurt. It hurts so bad it takes my breath away!! I am hoping to get a few more replies on here. It seems that posting on the boards does not happen as much as it used to (when I was here using a different name)
      Peace to all,
      LM

Comment

I also fell and partially tore my rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I thought I was simply walking up the stairs to our front door when I fell forward and oh-so-gracefully fell flat on my face, my shoulder hitting the trim around the door. Leaving out all the moaning, groaning, etc, that I did...husband took me the ER. They,not so sympathetically, told me to put my arm in a sling for a few weeks and see an ortho. I did; was given a cortisone shot and told to rest my arm. (Is this sounding familiar??)

Now, about 6-8 years later, I need a shoulder joint replacement because of my arthritis, but "the rotator cuff looks great", they say. Arthritis is not your friend either.

Comment

Originally posted by DogMa View Post
          I also fell and partially tore my rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I thought I was simply walking up the stairs to our front door when I fell forward and oh-so-gracefully fell flat on my face, my shoulder hitting the trim around the door. Leaving out all the moaning, groaning, etc, that I did...husband took me the ER. They,not so sympathetically, told me to put my arm in a sling for a few weeks and see an ortho. I did; was given a cortisone shot and told to rest my arm. (Is this sounding familiar??)Now, about 6-8 years later, I need a shoulder joint replacement because of my arthritis, but "the rotator cuff looks great", they say. Arthritis is not your friend either.
          AWWWW DogMa I am so sorry that Arthur-the-Jerk is giving you trouble!!!!. Actually my Right Leg pain has been so bad, that it MOST OF THE TIME seems to be taking my attention away from my shoulder (also on my right-guess it is good that all the pain-schtuff is on my right side. that way I can sleep on left)
          Peace to all,
          LM

Comment

muscle tear and bursitis

old thread, but I had shoulder pain, could have been fall, or jarring joint from using cane, I do not know. I do know it cut better on its own. but need to be very careful not to hold some thing heavy with arm outstretched, then the pain comes back along with weakness, inability to lift.
            can improve on its own, but be cautious you do not reinjure my injury not as severe. but we need our arms, with bum legs. you have my sympathy. hope you will see improvement, soon. (or did)

Comment

Working...
            X