weight gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weight gain

Did they ever figure out what the cause of weight gain is from Copaxone? Possibly the mannitol?? I'm just getting frustrated. I'm up 16 lbs. I know some of it is age (50 years old) but at 48 years I was still 128 lbs...now 144 lbs..... a lot of it has coincided with taking Copaxone...I'm happy with the results, but not happy with the weight.

I've been on Copaxone since 2008 and I don't think it made me gain weight. I haven't ever heard that weight gain is one of its side effects. In fact, I was able to lose 60 lbs in 2010-2011, while on Copaxone.

I gained 15 lbs back in 2014, because I was on steroids twice that year. In 2016, I worked on getting that weight off. It comes off harder now, than a few years ago, because of age. I'm 54. But, I lost about 7 lbs last year, and, hopefully, the rest will come back off this year.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I don't think Copaxone causes weight gain, at least not for most users.

About 5 years ago I started Copaxone a few months after losing 30 pounds, and I still haven't gained it back...
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I have been on it over a decade and haven't gained weight from it.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X