Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem

Hi folks i have another problem I've had 2 fingers in the left hand numbed for years now I'm getting electric shots from the left hand it hurts i don't know what to do any meds for this? Please help

Numbness can be awkward but pain is worse.
    Do you believe you may be having a flare?

It sounds like nerve pain. Hot compresses can help and some drugs can be taken short term to ease the pain. Have you seen doc?

Comment

Problem

On tuesday i have the appt with my neuro

Comment

Do you think you will cope ok till then? Has it eased at all?

If you don't think you can cope an er visit may be needed. If the pain is disrupting your sleep and causing increased fatigue it may make things worse. So its a good idea to do whats necessary to get rest .
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Problem

Is there anything available for the electric shots in hand mind you I've had 2 fingers in hand numb for years maybe there is something connected to the electric shots

Comment

Is it possible that the numbness has diminished?
            There have been times when i'm unsure whether the nerve pain is due to a flare or an improvement
            If the numbness has improved it could mean that the nerves may be beginning to 'wake up' in your hand.

If you don't think so it could be a flare and you may have to treat it as one. I have had flares in the past were its caused a kind of 'short circuit' as well as other symptoms. We have some suggestions below to deal with nerve pain.

Hope this helps .Let us know how you're doing.

Comment

Working...
            X