No announcement yet.

Blood test breakthrough can help determine phenotype and medication benefit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find this thread very interesting for a secondary reason. I wonder how many of us have been misdiagnosed as RRMS just to keep hope alive and to keep funneling out DMTs in hopes they just might work for other "types" of MS (the kind where you can't easily count what might be a relapse, or what might be a remission).

I was on meds for a good decade and always thought it was more of a dog and pony show than anything else. I constantly asked questions on this board to try to figure out exactly what a relapse and a remission felt like. I met one MSer who couldn't walk,was hospitalized, and then was back on his feet and released soon afterward. This does not sound like anything I ever experienced. ON is a good example of something that can come and then go.

I took my DMT drugs faithfully for years with a kind of a nudge and a wink at the RRMS diagnosis on my chart. It was a long process to accept that this "gift" of an RRMS dx was probably never correct. If I ever was RRMS, it was years before I was bad enough to seek out a neurologist for a diagnosis of MS.

Anyway, living in the moment now. I've lived in fear too long. I am sick of wringing my hands and what will be will be. Good luck to all of us no matter where we land on this MS rainbow of crud!
    Tawanda

Comment

Working...
    X