• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good to hear.

Best wishes to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-T View Post
      On Tuesday, September 12, my wheelchair journey comes to an end. My supplier representative delivers to our house a Quantum Q6 Edge 2.0 with power recline, power tilt and power elevation.

Nearly one year after I made an appointment for a mobility evaluation and over eight months after my first wheelchair seating appointment, a rehab chair is finally delivered.

Those of you who follow this thread know that I focus on the positive. This chair allows me to participate in so many wonderful activities that I would otherwise miss.

For all the positive things about this wonder of technology, I'm still nostalgic for walking in those now forever past days; and I can't help feeling a tinge of regret that I've past yet another signpost on an MS road down which I am somewhat sad to travel.

Best regards to all in our MS community,
      Jim-T
      This is great news!

Comment

So touched by your positivity!

Hi Jim,

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your journey of choosing and selecting a power wheelchair.
        I am currently researching the journey of this process and I'm wondering if you would have some time to talk either via email or by phone. I would love to capture this process.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and cheers to a life of more independence!
        Lucy

Comment

New Thread for Wheelers?

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for your kind words.

Sorry for the slow response. I was busy with the holidays and then, for some unknown reason, MS World locked me out of my account. Five messages to the administrator went unanswered. Finally, I just started a new account. So, I am no longer Jim-T. I am now Jim575.

To be honest, I have no idea how to chat by email.

However, I recently read that, based on a fairly large sample of people with MS, about 12% of the respondents used electric scooters or wheelchairs. I don’t know how many people participate on MS world; but it seems like there might be enough people either using or considering to use scooters or wheelchairs to support a new thread.

Should we start a new thread where MSers could share their experiences in transitioning from walking to using an electric scooter, manual wheelchair or electric wheel chair?

Maybe the best thing is to start a new thread and see what happens.

Your thoughts?

Best regards,
          Jim

PS: My new chair has allowed me to enjoy things formerly not possible for me. I recently shared my experiences and a photo of my grandson with Santa with the maker of my chair. They posted it on their website. If you’re interested, go to the Quantum site and select ‘Testimonials’ and then ‘Journey to Independence.’
          Jim (formerly Jim-T)
          Diagnosed December 2005

Comment

Working...
          X