Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemtrada chaqnged my attitude

Hello everyone,
    I feel that I have been given a 'new lease' on my life ! I don't know anything about my body's critical health markers after the infusions but I simply feel way more positive! I don't feel that I am walking over a cliff, anymore. I feel that there is 'a light at the end of the tunnel', for the first time in 7 years! I was living my life like I was on the 'Green Mile' ! I don't know about other Lemtrada patients but any good stuff is worth the trouble of having the treatment ! Good luck to you all ! Try Lemtrada if you can !

Terrific News Jerry Hope it continues!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Fantastic news!

Hi Jerry,

This is fantastic news! I'm so happy for you. I've been very interested in Lemtrada myself, but unfortunately my Neurologist is not a fan.

Enjoy the new you!

DebbieB

Comment

GREAT NEWS!

I hope it continues I will continue to keep an eye on your progress
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Good to read your shared thoughts.

Here's hoping we all have a successful re-build of the bad cells, and it'll take time.

My #1 goal is for it is to stop or slow down my disability progression, any improvement will be a bonus.
          Between my insurance and the Genzyme copay it basically cost me nothing.
          Another note:
          I've had a really good experience with my assigned Lemtrada MS 1-to-1 nurse.
          I mention this since I've read others have not had a great experience.

Comment

Great news, Jerry.

Best of luck with positive results from your treatment!
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

My eyesight isn't real great but I can see clearly now, the pain is gone !

Comment

Hi Jerry,
                I'm glad you've done well with Lemtrada. And some of your frustration regarding 'doing nothing' has eased and you're more positive.

i have been monitoring any posts re - Lemtrada because of my own candidacy. i am especially interested in the itp concerns regarding treatment. Would i be able to get you to say more about your blood count/ tests etc during and after treatment?

Any and all posts greatly appreciated,
                All the best.

Comment

Hey thanks, Seasha ! 'Hope it continues'? Why? What did you hear? Did I miss something?
                  'Continue'! Me, too ! Anything anyone could contribute to the discussion, you're invited! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut..sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                    Hey thanks, Seasha ! 'Hope it continues'? Why? What did you hear? Did I miss something?
                    Just saying I hope your sense of wellbeing continues for a long,long,long time! That's all I meant
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Jerry I am so happy for you and I imagine that I know just how you feel. I asked my neuro about it and he said, well five years of monitoring I was like are you kidding me vs. the life sentence of MS. Did you have it at Jeff? I know they weren't able to do it at Penn last I asked. I see that you are optimistic on other places on the board, well to cross reply there are dead axons but some nerves that are merely demyelinated can heal and your body can focus on rerouting around permanently damaged areas now that the fire has been put out. I would try to play the guitar again a little every day.

Comment

Good to hear Jerry.

YOU GO GUY.
                        God Bless Us All

Comment

Hey Seasha.. just playing with you ! dyin myeln, I was infused in my neurologist's office/ clinic in Collegeville . I am tired of waiting for the 'gurus', Dr. Leist, Dr. Markowitz etc. Those guys are great but I need some real relief 'right now' ! I can't wait for their kids to finish college ! I've got to get my kid into college! Those guys don't show any urgency for my health ! My neurologist, Dr. McCarren, recognizes my desperation, and convinced Genzyme to give me the drug 'off label' ! I accept the possible risks . Just to get the opportunity to feel better, and more alive, than I have felt in7 years, I am willing to endure some risk . Good luck

Comment

Yep.Jerry.
                            Your sense of urgency manages to come through on all your posts.
                            I think we all just wish you well.

Comment

Gee, Carolinemf, I was beginning to suspect that I was becoming less sarcastic and more subtle. Can't blame me for seeking some solutions . And with the obvious lack of progress in treatments for progressive MS, anything is better than nothing !

Comment

Working...
                              X