Burning calves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning calves

I have a sx that has been happening for a while, when I walk the calves of my legs burn, very painful. This happens only when I walk and every time I walk. It is not from exercise because it happens weather I exercise or not. I will be talking to my neuro when I see him next or I will call the nurse but I wanted to know if anyone else has this problem?
    God Bless Us All

I HAD EXACTLY THIS PROBLEM, only mine happened when I was lying down. The pain would be so bad it would make me cry. I did find a couple things that really helped, one was a heating pad ( if you can tolerate it).. the other was Lyrica ( which I had to stop because of side affects), but it was replaced by a combination of Cymbalta and Topamax. I wish you the best of luck, I know how excruciating this can be.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Could it be spasticity REG53? When it happens can you massage it and does it help. To massage it try using a rolling pin or tennis ball, your hand might work but for me it wasn't enough.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you hunterd, when I had burning feet (still do off and on) I tried Cymbalta, amitriptyline, tegretol and stayed on gabapentin. Nothing helped. I asked for lyrica and he said if gabapentin didn't work the lyrica won't. I think I will asked him to let me try lyrica anyway.

Thank you SNOOPY, I wondered if it could be spasticity, I take baclofen (3) 20mg at night. Maybe I should start taking during the day. I haven't tried massage but I am going to try it and the heating pad.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi REG53,

Just wondering if you had any luck with massage or the heating pad.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

SNOOPY- I forgot about your post. I know my memory had gotten really bad but this is ridiculous.
            I will print this off and get my rolling pin and heating pad ready for in the morning.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

now that Snoopy mentions it, massage did sometimes help, but not always. The heating pad was a sure thing for me. Good luck to you.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

SNOOPY - I did try massage. I have misplaced my rolling pin, (probably threw it away) but I remembered having an electric massager which I used. It did help but only for a short time and the heating pad didn't help at all. I took two baclofen but all it did was make me sleepy. Now my left arm started giving me problems about 3 days ago. Having a light tinging down my arm and my fingers move slightly like a spasms and I can't move them for a few secs., very scary.

Thanks SNOOPY and hunterd.
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                X