one day you get out of your head & open up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one day you get out of your head & open up

After having one of my best weekends for a long time, (mainly thanks to my extended family) It is a good time to come out (& no I'm not suddenly gay)
    I have MS, I have attempted to deal with it alone badly for seven years. In December 2015 the temporary blindness & subsequent permanent decreased vision caused by another MS attack of optic neuritis knocked the heck out of me & finally confirmed to me without any doubt I do actually have MS, you can be told things but it takes a lot sometimes to truly believe them, The courage it has taken to accept this new fact of life has been immense.
    I have spent ages wallowing & processing this new realisation alone, I shouldn't have done it that way & I apologies to my friends & family for being stubborn & aloof. If people with MS don't understand it, how can I expect people without MS to understand it - without help, it is an immune system disease often unseen to the casual observer but my actions have been very visible. It's not going to be easy as rarely does a moment go by where it doesn't affect my activities, thoughts or mood, however I'm still here, I'm still going, & I will keep going on MS journey, as we all have battles to contend with but allowing in friends & family to understand & support means you won't fight alone.
    I'm an not the person I was before MS - I am a damn sight stronger.

Hello Tog123 and welcome to MSWorld
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

That's one of the best, and most beautiful, summations of our journey I've ever heard.
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by twain View Post
        That's one of the best, and most beautiful, summations of our journey I've ever heard.
        Thank you
        Thanks for the thumbs up, it was really hard to do, it is actually the cut & paste of the post I put on my face book page to all my friends & family, well recieved & so glad I "came out"

Comment

Hello Tog123,

Having the support from friends and family means a lot and you are not alone here.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Welcome. Acceptance of the diagnosis is a hard hurdle for many of us. Glad you were able to open up about MS to your family and friends. MS can be a tough journey. Take all the support you can. And on your good days and periods, lend all the support you can to others dealing with life stresses. MS has definitely made me a more empathetic and compassionate person to others. So along your journey, you may find some positives that will surprise you.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Glad the thumbs up brought you a smile!

You are not alone! This community has open arms and hearts as I am learning and I hope I can help offer support. Hang tough, let's live life and not have life and our burdens live us!

I love your attitude! You're living stronger and that's a BIG step for us I think. Optic Neuritis is no fun and I hope you get some relief! I used to live in the "ignorance is bliss" steps, but now I learned that knowledge is power. Actually more accurately, APPLIED knowledge is power!

We can do this!

Take care and see ya around!

Comment

Originally posted by Tog123 View Post
                I'm an not the person I was before MS - I am a damn sight stronger.
                Welcome to the circus.
                Truer words have never been said, nor more eloquently. Thanks
                "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
                Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
                X