Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need tips or advice for my upcoming Lemtrada treatment

Hi everyone!

Im starting my first round of treatment on the 30th and wanted to know from others who have gone through it already, what they thought helped the process or things they did to help make life easier?

I'm digging around, trying to read others experiences for tips. I read that drinking coffee or tea the morning before treatment can help make the veins bigger, making the IV setup easier for all involved.

I think now that the appointments are made for Lemtrada, I'm feeling anxious and I'm trying to think of anything that'll make the process easier. Thanks in advance and I really hope I'm making the right choice.
    DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Can't offer any insight, but wanted to wish you well.

I know from my Tysabri infusions, you want to be really hydrated before. This makes the veins much easier to find/use. This isn't just the day before, but consistently a 3 days to a week ahead. If coffee/tea are caffeinated, then it dehydrates. I still drink tea the week of and that morning, but make sure plenty of water.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you for the wishes and the tip! That's something I better be mindful of since I neglect to drink enough water normally.

Comment

I've documented my journey from my year1 treatments thru year2 which you've probably seen. They are long days so stay busy however you prefer ie laptop/tablet, reading, sleeping or whatever.

fyi - I was previously on Tysabri too so it's almost the same process and good point above about staying hydrated.

Best wishes to you!

Comment

Thank you for the reply and the wishes!

Comment

I wish you well, Starla . I am scheduled to begin my infusions on January 23 . I really appreciate the others posting with some suggestions. I would love to read posts from post-Lemtrada patients . Anything about health changes would be nice ! Where are these MSer's ? The drug has been in circulation for over 2 years but few MSer's have posted about it ! What goes ?

Comment

Facebook Group for Lemtrada

Hi Starla. Wanted to let you know there is a great Lemtrada group on Facebook where you'll find all the info you need.

Comment

Starla,
                I have been posting on another thread about my experience with my Lemtrada infusions, last week. I wish you well! As long as you drink about a gallon of water throughout the infusion day, you will be ok. Make sure to get all of the other drugs like Zantac, Zyrtec, Acyclovir and Tylenol (maximum strength) in your travel bag. Best wishes for your adventure !

Comment

No advice here, but wanted to wish you well on this journey! Keep us posted and good luck
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Lots of good advice on these current threads. Wishing you the best!

Comment

Working...
                    X