Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum.

Hi,

My mother is suffering from multiple sclerosis. It's been some years. I am the only persn to care for her. I hope I can get help, tips and support from this community.

Thank you.
    "Sometimes we find happiness in unexpected sources"

Hi Ms can be just as difficult for the people around us, this is a good forum ask any questions you want answers for it is very frustrating trying to explain how we feel good luck now ask many questions Craig

Comment

I am so sorry your mother is suffering with ms. This is a great community. It has really helped me with infor. and support.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi earlysunshine:

What is your mother's level of functioning, and what have you been doing so far to help you in caring for her? Knowing those things can help the members of the board to better support you.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Thanks for all your support and care. My mom has been ill for 3 years now.
            Now she is having weakness and bladder and bowel problems and sometimes have tingling sensation on the fingers and legs.
            She is also very depressed thinking that she is becoming a burden for me.
            "Sometimes we find happiness in unexpected sources"

Comment

HELLO EARLYSUNSHINE, WELCOME TO MS WORLD!! Thank you for helping your mother. Anything you are wondering about, please ask, the members here are very helpful and supportive. We will offer tips and suggestions that worked for us. Just keep in mind that what works for one may not work for all and sometimes you just need to keep trying. I wish you the best of luck. I look forward to seeing more of you.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by earlysunshine View Post
                Thanks for all your support and care. My mom has been ill for 3 years now.
                Now she is having weakness and bladder and bowel problems and sometimes have tingling sensation on the fingers and legs.
                She is also very depressed thinking that she is becoming a burden for me.
                Welcome! A big thanks for reaching out on behalf of your Mom. You are a very loving daughter.

We all worry about becoming a burden for a loved one. But I think especially for parents. A lot of parents feel that when they raise a child to be independent, they have done a good job. Then feel like they are limiting your independence. This can make it all that much harder, feeling that they are switching roles of parent/child.

Is your Mom being treated for depression? Just as important as Rx, talk therapy can be really helpful. It helped me get my fears out without feeling like I was overwhelming my family. It also helped by providing mindfulness techniques, keeping me calmer.

Is your Mom being treated for her symptoms, especially bladder and bowel?
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                X