Where is Ocrelizumab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Ocrelizumab?

I was waiting for news of Ocrelizumab . I saw that it was being introduced in Britain. I think it disappeared! It hasn't appeared on this board since October ! Where is it?

Hi Jerry,

There was a press release by Genetech December 20. 2016. The date for review of OCREVUS (ocrelizumab) by the FDA has been extended to March 28, 2017. "The extension is the result of the submission of additional data by Genentech regarding the commercial manufacturing process of OCREVUS, which required additional time for FDA review. The extension is not related to the efficacy or safety of OCREVUS."

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...75-Ocrelizumab

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...73#post1497973
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

So the question still remains . What's the deal with Ocrelizumab ? Will it be on the market in the US, soon or what? I've been waiting for it for several years ! And all progressive MSer's have been waiting for something since the beginning of time ! The 'underserved' group of MSer's are waiting ! 14 drugs developed and marketed for RRMS, 0 for the rest of us ! Tough noogies, I guess!

Comment

The writing was on the wall a long time ago ...http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...5#post1489365I know how frustrating it is, but the wait is almost over. Hopefully, this summer we will have a lineof PPMS people hooked up to ocrelizumab Ivs dancing in the halls!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          Hopefully, this summer we will have a lineof PPMS people hooked up to ocrelizumab Ivs dancing in the halls!!!
          That's a lovely thought, but the only way that's going to happen is if those people with PPMS were already dancing in the halls before they got hooked up the the ocrelizumab IVs.

The clinical trials in PPMS have shown an increased likelihood of slowed to no progression, and people with PPMS who are still walking can have an increase in walking speed, but nothing indicates that people who haven't walked in years are going to jump up and start dancing. The trial results have not shown a reversal of disability. Based on the information available, ocrelizumab will not make immobile people dance or make blind people see again.

What may make ocrelizumab worthwhile is the indication that it reduced the loss of whole brain volume by almost 18% over 120 months. That may be the key to keeping people with PPMS more functional overall for a longer time.

Comment

This talks about the delay https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...ormal-process/

Comment

I think JerryD was being a little sarcastic.
              PPMS
              Dx 07/13

Comment

So I just checked out wheelchair kamicozie , I like reading his stuff, and he's done an interview with a doctor/scientist, or what ever, about this new drug ..., I can't even pronounce it let alone spell it,...
                Any way some of you might find it intresting... I don't know what to make of it ? Something to read anyway.

Richard.
                It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

I can not wait any longer ! I am going to be infused with Lemtrada, next week! Monday will be my first day of 5 days of Lemtrada ! My neurologist is all set to do it in his offices! I am confident in his skills and the preparations are all completed . Wish me luck !

Comment

Good luck Jerry. Hope that you see some good changes. From what I've been able to fathom , it doesn't look like this new drug will be the " cure all , end all " but a little help is a huge help in our busniss. I for one would be very interested in hearing how it's going for you with the Lemtrada.

Richard.
                    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Good luck, Jerry! Please let us know how it goes!
                      PPMS
                      Dx 07/13

Comment

J-Bo,
                        I am in day 3 of my Lemtrada infusions. Everything is going well. I had a little 'flushing' while being infused with the IVSM, used as pre-medication. The infusion nurse observes me and another MSer for the entire day and we have a real 'coffee clatch' ... tell stories and watch DVDs for the entire 7+ hour day.
                        I just couldn't wait for this 'Ocrelizumab' fiasco BS. It seems that it is taking an eternity for the system to gear up and get us PPMSers ('underserved' segment) something to throttle this MonSter. Just no money in it, I guess ! Thanks for posting!

Comment

I hope you continue to do well with the Lemtrada!
                          RRMS Dx: 3/23/15
                          (Optic Neuritis Dx 2/27/15; Feb/2014 right leg numbness--at the time diagnosed as Sciatica, but probably first episode)
                          Started Tysabri 5/22/15: (Infusions: 5/22/15, 6/18/15, 7/16/15)

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                            J-Bo,
                            I am in day 3 of my Lemtrada infusions. Everything is going well. I had a little 'flushing' while being infused with the IVSM, used as pre-medication. The infusion nurse observes me and another MSer for the entire day and we have a real 'coffee clatch' ... tell stories and watch DVDs for the entire 7+ hour day.
                            I just couldn't wait for this 'Ocrelizumab' fiasco BS. It seems that it is taking an eternity for the system to gear up and get us PPMSers ('underserved' segment) something to throttle this MonSter. Just no money in it, I guess ! Thanks for posting!
                            Jerry,
                            I hope Lemtrada serves you well. Today, if a Lemtrada patient has breakthrough activity they will often give the patient a round of Rituximab. Once Ocrelizumab is available it should immediately replace Ritixumab for PPMSers. That's a much better place to be than where you were a month ago. I wish you nothing but the best and look forward to your updates!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X