Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera

Has anyone ever taken a holiday from tecfidera for a few weeks and resumed with the 240 mg? Wondering how long of a holiday you can take without starting with the 120 mg. It seems doctors decide the protocol without much evidence. Interested to hear from anyone out there.

I've skipped a few days of Tecfidera when I was sick. The flushing side effect came back.
    I've no idea what a few weeks would do.

Comment

I have skipped a couple of weeks before. Not much change. When I resumed, the flushing returned as if I had just started the 120mg dose. I have been on Tec for nearly 3 years. I experience flushing infrequently and when it comes its usually resolved within an hour or so. Recently I have experienced some worse flushing and a feeling like a sunburn all over. Again, these are very infrequent and will resolve within the hour.

Diagnosed RRMS 2000 (Sx since 1997). I take 5K-D3, B12, C and E daily. Also take magnesium malate (malic acid) daily. I am not overlyt strict about the time I take my TEC, just get it in 2x daily and the closer to 12 hours apart the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandaman View Post
        I have skipped a couple of weeks before. Not much change. When I resumed, the flushing returned as if I had just started the 120mg dose. I have been on Tec for nearly 3 years. I experience flushing infrequently and when it comes its usually resolved within an hour or so. Recently I have experienced some worse flushing and a feeling like a sunburn all over. Again, these are very infrequent and will resolve within the hour.

Diagnosed RRMS 2000 (Sx since 1997). I take 5K-D3, B12, C and E daily. Also take magnesium malate (malic acid) daily. I am not overlyt strict about the time I take my TEC, just get it in 2x daily and the closer to 12 hours apart the better.
        Looks like you didn't have to much of a problem resuming Tecfidera after a few weeks off. Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by rsinger View Post
          Looks like you didn't have to much of a problem resuming Tecfidera after a few weeks off. Good to hear.
          I didn't have too much trouble. The flushing I get now seems worse than when I began or when I stopped for a couple weeks. Stopping did nothing to help me, and 'restarting' wasn't a big issue either.
          Best wishes rsinger

Comment

Working...
          X