Suboptimal response- Next step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suboptimal response- Next step?

A year on Copaxone and my lesions are less aggressive and fewer, but they're still popping up. Doctor thinks we can do better. I'm pretty bummed, since now we are moving into higher side effect/risk category as far as drugs are concerned. I'm taking some time to contemplate my options and staying on Copaxone for the time being. Have you moved from Copaxone to another drug? Which drug did you move to?
    My top 3 list currently are (not in any order) are

Tecfidera (stomach issues when i already have them ehhh)
    Tysabri (a little more comfortable with this but PML is still in the back of my mind)
    Waiting on Ocrelizumab (and hoping insurance will cover me)

Ocrelizumab was the first drug my doc suggested, of course, since everyone is so excited abut it. I am hopeful as well. I just don't know that my insurance will even consider it since I've only been on one other DMD.

Buhhhh!!
    Lots to think about.
    Any insight?

Hi foxglove:

Gilenya is a fine drug and should be considered on its own merits. Rituxan is the predecessor of Ocrevus (differing only in the source of the antibody). You might do some research to see if your insurance carrier has been approving Rituxan off label for rheumatoid arthritis. If they have been, you could make the argument that they should approve it for MS off label as well. It's basically the same drug as Ocrevus and it's available NOW. If they approve it, you could start on it immediately and not have to wait for Ocrevus. Seven months is a relatively long time to wait for a drug when you could be starting on something -- anything -- more effective than Copaxone within a month. Time is brain.

Comment

jreagan 70,

Do you have Clinical Research or Pharma background? I base this question on some responses I have seen you post
      Peace to all,
      LM
      RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Working...
      X