Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thigh feels on fire

Hi folks i have recently being getting burning pain in my thigh
    Probably calling my neuro tomorrow afraid that he might send me to the hospital I'm nervous right now don't know what to expect

Is it isolated to one leg? Same spot everytime?

You might be enjoying a little bit of Spacisity.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi salo558,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. This is :just one more symptom we can experience with MS. I get it, too, so can symphathize with you. It can be acute or chronic (mine has become chronic).

Burning, aching or “girdling” around the body (sometimes referred to as the "MS Hug")*are all neurologic in origin. The technical name for them is dysesthesias. These painful sensations typically affect the legs and feet, but may also affect the arms and trunk (such as the feeling of constriction around the abdomen or chest area known as the "MS Hug"). They can be very uncomfortable -- even quite painful -- but are not dangerous or necessarily disabling unless they are severe enough to interfere with a person's activities. Dysesthesias are often treated with the anticonvulsant medication gabapentin (Neurontin®). Dysesthesias may also be treated with an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil®), which modifies how the central nervous system reacts to pain. Other treatments include wearing a pressure stocking or glove, which can convert the sensation of pain to one of pressure; warm compresses to the skin, which may convert the sensation of pain to one of warmth; and over-the-counter acetaminophen (Tylenol® and others) which may be taken daily, under a physician’s supervision. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...-Symptoms/Pain

Other medications can be presribed for this symptom. such as Lyrica or Doxepin as well. I also use cold therapy (ice packs). I hope you find relief, soon.
      '
      Best of luck.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

So the hug goes down to your thigh @kimba22?

I have never experienced that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
          So the hug goes down to your thigh @kimba22?

I have never experienced that.
          I can see the way that this was worded in the first sentence might be confusing, but "burning, aching or “girdling” around the body" are 3 separate symptoms. (Later more specific in mentioning the feeling of constriction around the abdomen or chest area is known as the "MS Hug")
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

ms hug and burning

Hi folks i wonder if having you're foot burning type of pain and feeling sticky is an ms hug ? My thigh is not sticky but also has burning type of pain

Comment

IMO, the pain you are experiencing is not related to the infamous hug. It sounds to me like something different like perhaps spacisity or a phantom pain as I call it. I get them all the time, stick around for a few days then the go away but come back in the same spot from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by salo558 View Post
                Hi folks i have recently being getting burning pain in my thigh
                Probably calling my neuro tomorrow afraid that he might send me to the hospital I'm nervous right now don't know what to expect
                Hi salo558

I have experienced burning sensations on my thigh (and on my foot).

Fortunately, mine were always tolerable, never lasted very long, and I never needed to be hospitalized over the sensations.

Hopefully your sensations pass soon! Wishing you the best.

Take Care
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Try wrapping your thigh with an ace bandage- not too tight, just enough to create a different and non-burning sensation.

Comment

Working...
                  X