What are your fun Christmas activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your fun Christmas activities

This forum is about The Good Life. So, I'd like to hear what you are looking forward to during these next weeks.

For me, the biggest excitement is that my daughter, son-in-law and little Micah (now 7 months old) are coming for Christmas. Planning to arrive one week from today.

Other fun things during this season have been community events and events with friends that I have attended:
    • annual Christmas brunch with 5 female friends
    • Holiday Home tour (a fund raiser that provides scholarships for private music lessons for students in the school districts band or orchestra programs), featuring tours of historic homes and music
    • 5 Places of Christmas (free refreshments and activities at local museums, galleries, etc)
    • Participated in an adult Sunday School social where we Christmas carolled at 2 nursing homes, followed by a meal and Christmas gift grab bag activities
    • Will attend an annual Christmas community Christmas carolling at a coffee bar with a local music group
    • Will attend a concert of The Messiah at my church next Sunday
    • Will likely go look at local Christmas lights with the family

Post the fun stuff here.

Last month, we had a member topic of the month about How to Get Through the Holidays. Good topic, and I don't want to minimize it, so feel free to read it or post there if that's still helpful. http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...Month-November
    So, during the fun pieces of this busy season, I'm also using my strategies to get through the busy-ness.
    Post your strategies there.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    This forum is about The Good Life. So, I'd like to hear what you are looking forward to during these next weeks.

For me, the biggest excitement is that my daughter, son-in-law and little Micah (now 7 months old) are coming for Christmas. Planning to arrive one week from today.

Other fun things during this season have been community events and events with friends that I have attended:
    • annual Christmas brunch with 5 female friends
    • Holiday Home tour (a fund raiser that provides scholarships for private music lessons for students in the school districts band or orchestra programs), featuring tours of historic homes and music
    • 5 Places of Christmas (free refreshments and activities at local museums, galleries, etc)
    • Participated in an adult Sunday School social where we Christmas carolled at 2 nursing homes, followed by a meal and Christmas gift grab bag activities
    • Will attend an annual Christmas community Christmas carolling at a coffee bar with a local music group
    • Will attend a concert of The Messiah at my church next Sunday
    • Will likely go look at local Christmas lights with the family

Post the fun stuff here.

Last month, we had a member topic of the month about How to Get Through the Holidays. Good topic, and I don't want to minimize it, so feel free to read it or post there if that's still helpful. http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...Month-November
    So, during the fun pieces of this busy season, I'm also using my strategies to get through the busy-ness.
    Post your strategies there.
    Sleeping is my hobby for christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by ponkaponka View Post
      Sleeping is my hobby for christmas!
      Lol!

Old thread. It obviously didn't generate a lot of interest when I started it 2+ years ago. Perhaps others share your sentiments.

We will, actually, be celebrating a "late Christmas" in a couple of weeks when my daughter and her family (her hubby, and two toddlers) visit. They weren't able to get time off at Christmas. I'll probably need to catch up on sleep after they leave!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Water bomb fights

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
          Water bomb fights
          LOL - that's about right (as opposed to now ball fights) - you're in Australia!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X