Prepping for Lemtrada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepping for Lemtrada

Hello everyone ! My neurologist has decided to offer me Lemtrada infusions . I have been getting the blood and urine tests to prep for the treatments. I am going for aq dermatology consult, today. I can't believe the amount of time and testing to prep for this treatment ! I surely hope that this drug is the answer for me and my 'beloved' PPMS !

Good to hear and keep us posted.
    Wishing you the best.

Comment

I was getting my Ty infusion and a gentleman was on his 3rd day of Lemtrada. He taljed about all the prep/tests and dietary restrictions following for a few months. He was doing great, no side effects at that point.

I wish you good luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hoping all goes well for you Jerry.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Good luck JerryD hope everything goes nice and smooth for you and take a couple of good books and take some mints to suck for the Methylprednisolone and drink plenty of water the day before treatment Craig

Comment

Good luck Jerry and hope you pass all tests!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you all for the good thoughts and positive wishes . It is wonderful to hear from you all .

Comment

My neurologists receptionist called me, today, to tell me that she has, tentatively, scheduled January 23rd thru the 27th as my Lemtrada infusion days. I am a little nervous about being infused but I am going ahead with this, full steam ahead. Dang the torpedoes ! If my neurologist thinks this is worth a try, I'm going for it !

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                  My neurologists receptionist called me, today, to tell me that she has, tentatively, scheduled January 23rd thru the 27th as my Lemtrada infusion days. I am a little nervous about being infused but I am going ahead with this, full steam ahead. Dang the torpedoes ! If my neurologist thinks this is worth a try, I'm going for it !
                  I wish you all the best and pray it makes a difference for you. Hope you enjoy the holidays.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Can anyone give me any stories of their Lemtrada experience ? It would be great to read posts from others that did the infusions . I mean, Lemtrada has been FDA approved for a couple of years. Someone out there must have a 'good'/ 'bad' experience ! Please tell !

Comment

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...uly-13-17-2015

I've had year 1 and year 2 and my journey has been documented in this forum.
                      My experience has been good.

I have a follow-up appt next week and will continue to update.

Comment

Hi Guys its coming up to 2 months since my infusion "no miracles yet" but I don't feel any worse either, no longer getting sick, very fatigued but it is summer down here so it is to be expected good luck and merry christmas Craig

Comment

Thank you, everyone that have responded ! I check this board, once or twice a day. Much appreciated ! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !

Comment

Best of luck

I'm also scheduled for Lemtrada infusions, finally. Took a lot of testing and waiting but it's happening January 30th. I'm feeling anxious now that it's scheduled and keep wondering about how I'll do. But like you, I'm pushing forward, hoping for the best!

I hope it all goes well for you and wishing you all the best!!
                            DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

Working...
                            X