Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone get this type of pain?

Hi guys,

Since my last flare (about a year ago) I have been having this weird pain that I don't see talked about much so I wanted to ask if anyone else has this or maybe it could be I have something else wrong with me...

The pain happens anywhere on my body it seems like (muscles and joints) but most often arms and legs. It is a deep burning pain, but it is not constant. It is like a very slooow throb. It super painful for around 5 seconds then fades out for a few seconds, over and over. However, typically it doesn't last too long and is gone anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours later. Then it moves to a new spot or goes away.

I have been trying to ignore this pain for the last year since I wasn't working but I am working now and it happens more! sometimes in various places at once! Today I wanted to ask about it because I just started driving again and it seems every time I drive for more than 10 minutes I get this pain down the leg I use for the gas/brake until I get home and rest. It makes me nervous to drive.

The worst thing is I can't really complain to doctors or something because the pain is rarely in the same spot (minus the driving pain). Does anyone else get this? I just feel so alone and no one around me understands.

Thanks for your time.

I did get different pains that affect either my forearms or my calves, but never my joints. I would bring this up to your GP, it could be a reaction to a medication you are taking, but I am n qualified to go into any detail. Good luck to you
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
      I did get different pains that affect either my forearms or my calves, but never my joints. I would bring this up to your GP, it could be a reaction to a medication you are taking, but I am n qualified to go into any detail. Good luck to you
      Yeah, I think it's pretty weird. I will tell them next time!

I'm just trying to hang in there~

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

something else I just thought of, my Dr. first tried Lyrica then because of unwanted complications switch to Topamax and Cymbalta. It seems to take the edge off.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

It does sound like an MS painful nerve symptom. I get similar things and driving makes my arms and legs both weak.
          MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

I agree that it sounds like nerve pain. I have had them in different parts of the body but the part that is getting the most use at the time is more likely. And fatigue makes them both more likely and more diverse.
            I have allowed myself a recovery/lazy day (sometimes against my will) but I must say that the day after I'v had improvement. Maybe you can try something like this to see if it helps?
            Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X