Feet feel terrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feet feel terrible

This is my first post! I would like to know if anyone else has constant tingling, burning pain on the tops of their feet that radiates into their toes. I have some tingling in my calves and my arms that comes and goes. My feet issues started about two years ago as an occasional symptom but is now constant. It is worse at night. It really doesn't matter as to my level of activity. Fatigue makes it worse. I take Gabipentan at night only as it makes me feel totally out of it if I take it during the day. I have been diagnosed with RELAPSING REMITTING MS and I take 14mg Abagio daily.

Originally posted by LisaP911 View Post
    This is my first post! I would like to know if anyone else has constant tingling, burning pain on the tops of their feet that radiates into their toes. I have some tingling in my calves and my arms that comes and goes. My feet issues started about two years ago as an occasional symptom but is now constant. It is worse at night. It really doesn't matter as to my level of activity. Fatigue makes it worse. I take Gabipentan at night only as it makes me feel totally out of it if I take it during the day. I have been diagnosed with RELAPSING REMITTING MS and I take 14mg Abagio daily.
    Hi LisaP911

Welcome!

I get burning sensation on my entire right foot, but fortunately it is not constant. I feel for you that you have to deal with it continuously.

Also have occasional tingling in my hands.

I don't take any meds since these symptoms only happen periodically with me.

Good luck to you, and hopefully the burning and tingling ease up for you soon.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi LisaP911 and welcome to MSWorld! I have had burning tingly feet (on my toes and the soles) constantly for years now and some of the time I can ignore it as I've gotten used to it. Same with the palm of my hands and fingers. Constant!

When the burning gets really painful, I soak my feet in very warm water. In the hot part of the year, I soak them in cold water. This seems to help but it's a temporary fix. I do this at night before I go to bed so I can sleep better.

I am not taking any meds for it, but I go see a new neuro this week and I;m going to ask what may help. I'll let you know what I find out.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome LisaP911, I have burning pain on the bottoms of my feet that comes and goes, mostly when I walk, it is painful. I have burning pain in my legs and left arm and hand which also comes and goes. I haven't found a med that helps me.

I hope you feel better soon.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I found that compression socks help enormously in ending the burning sensation. Baseball socks in a pinch and fleece lined socks from the GH Bass Clothing outlet that go up to my knees for a more stylinŽlook (on sale now for $3 per pair and worth every dime to relief the burning). My sx are correlated to my diet- I avoid gluten and dairy and react within hours to xs sugar. HereŽ hoping you feel better pronto.

Comment

Hot pins and needles

Hello LisaP911!
            I have constant burning pins and needles on my entire foot-the worst being on the bottoms of my feet.
            Right now it is really bad, because I was on my feet a lot yesterday. Like really pushed myself until I literally hit that fatigue wall. I take 900mg Gabapentin 3x/day. That usually keeps it to a dull roar.
            I find myself very lucky as I don't have the tingling anywhere else besides my feet and up my legs to sometimes my knees. (But that is only on very bad days). I also have an odd tingly/dead spot on my lower back, but it's not painful.

Good luck to you-and I hope you find relief soon!!
            Dx 11/09
            Aubagio since 09/15

Comment

Feet problems

Originally posted by LisaP911 View Post
              Hi Lisa
              I am only going through diagnosis but my feet are like this all the time and they do get worse at night or any bit of activity makes them worse was put on Amitriptyline at night doesn't seem to be working.Hope someone has an answer.😊

Comment

Working...
              X