socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

socks

I am looking for input into items that help put socks on.

I have heard from many about the sock assistant that has strings to help get socks on.

I was wondering if this will help with support stockings, too?

I saw online that there is a metal cage like thing that can buy to help with putting on support hose.

Do I need both or will one suffice for both?
    God Bless and have a good day, Mary

Hi Mary,

I've only used the sock aid with the strings. It's also the only thing I've ever been shown by Occupational Therapists. Don't wear compression stockings that often, but a sock aid also works for them. The hardest part is stretching the compression stocking around it, but a lot easier than putting the stocking directly on to the foot. That's the hardest part, IMO. Just pull on the strings to get the sock aid off. Then shimmy the stocking up the calf.

Did find a picture of the other metal device. Never used that one, but looks like it also serves help get the sock up the calf? Seems awkward to use. There are reviews for one on Amazon (Jobst stocking donner) might be helpful to read. Some people love it, others not so much. Personally, think just the sock aid will suffix. Good luck.
    Last edited by Kimba22; 11-25-2016, 05:17 PM.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I've used the sock aid with strings for regular socks and it works well. I tried it last week with some "light support" compression socks and didn't have much luck. The socks were so tight on the plastic part I couldn't get my foot in it.

I have an elderly relative who wears heavy weight compression hose, and uses the coated wire frame device. He says it works great.

Comment

Working...
      X