Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI on Tecfidera for 2 years

I had previous MRI's with no activity.
    The recent MRI (10/16) has one lesion that has gotten slightly larger on my cervical spinal cord.
    The lesion did not enhance with contrast.
    I think this means it is an old lesion.
    They compared the recent MRI with on from (10/13). My neuro doesn't always have the cervical spine MRI done. My brain MRI continues to have no activity.

Am I correct in thinking that when lesion do not enhance with contrast that it means the lesions are old?

Yes, and no?

I like to review the actual images of my MRI's with my doctor and from what I remember, a lesion that enhances with contrast is a lesion currently suffering active demyelination, and the brightiness is caused by the contrast clinging to fresh scar tissue.

I'm not doctor so I can't say. Maybe the larger spot you saw was just a better look at what was already there. (?) A bad image of the area? Or it could have indeed become active again for a short time, and then returned to dormancy.
    Gatitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings." - William Arthur Ward.

Comment

Working...
    X