MS gal here to say hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS gal here to say hello!

Hi all! Have been looking for a community to hang and vent and thankfully found this site! A little about me. I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the spring of last year after my 2nd occurrence of optic neuritis. First occurrence was in 2014, second in 2015. I started on Plegridy, a 2x/month injection of beta-inferon and have had no relapses over the last year. No longer being in limbo is more of a relief than you can possibly imagine.

MS is an exhausting mindgame. Once you get diagnosed, you read all the symptoms that people have and start to think everything you feel is a new relapse. I deal with MS Fatigue, incontinence, and brain fog all the time. I also have to be careful not to get overheated or stressed out or take a shower.

It's only been a year since my official diagnosis, and I'm lucky to have a decent PPO and live in a big city with many doctors and good hospitals. If I had lived in another country or a smaller town, I may still not be diagnosed. That being said, medication, MRI's and frequent doctor visits are very expensive and stressful which is why i'm here to be with a community who understands my struggles. ha.

Nice meeting you all! Looking forward to joining the discussion!

Welcome to MSWorld MSjenna!!

We're glad you are with us and you've come to the right place to talk with others who "get it". I hope too you have a good neuro who understands MS and is willing to work with you personally and is informed with all the new developments in these last recent years.

Glad too you are in a big city with many Drs and good hospitals. I was living in a small town in Alaska when I had my first bout with optic neuritis and was misdiagnosed. 10 years later I was finally diagnosed when I moved to the "lower 48". I keep thinking I might have been better off with an accurate early dx.

Hope to see more of you here on the boards! Fire away with those questions and comments
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello MSjenna and welcome to MSWorld.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you for the responses!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Welcome to MSWorld MSjenna!!

We're glad you are with us and you've come to the right place to talk with others who "get it". I hope too you have a good neuro who understands MS and is willing to work with you personally and is informed with all the new developments in these last recent years.

Glad too you are in a big city with many Drs and good hospitals. I was living in a small town in Alaska when I had my first bout with optic neuritis and was misdiagnosed. 10 years later I was finally diagnosed when I moved to the "lower 48". I keep thinking I might have been better off with an accurate early dx.

Hope to see more of you here on the boards! Fire away with those questions and comments
        You are a superhero! 10 years! I can't even imagine the journey you've been through. Keep on rocking your fab and keeping a positive attitude! So looking forward to learning about both of you more!

Comment

Hi MSjenna an welcome! I am sorry that you had to seek out this particular group. None of us want to be here, although it is good to have a diagnosis and treatment options.

I'm also pretty sick of going to the doctor and spending all of my money on test, medicine and appointments. I am dreading January and the start of the co-pays and deductibles.

I look forward to getting to know you as well.

Comment

Working...
          X