Medical Cannabis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Cannabis

I think I posted about this before. I have a vague memory of it, but I'm not sure.

About medical cannabis. Has anyone utilized this as a treatment for symptoms? Specifically I would like to know about pain, parasthesias, and fatigue if you will share.

I think maybe someone directed me to a section in the forums about this, but I can't remember.

Originally posted by jamilea

I think maybe someone directed me to a section in the forums about this, but I can't remember.
    Hi jamilea,

I haven't used medical cannabis, but you can find more information about it in our Complimentary and Alternate Medicines sub forum: http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...nes)-therapies
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Hi Kimba, thanks for the link. I knew it was probably somewhere.

Can I ask why you haven't used the cbd?

Comment

Originally posted by jamilea View Post
        Hi Kimba, thanks for the link. I knew it was probably somewhere.

Can I ask why you haven't used the cbd?
        Your welcome.

It is legal where I live, but I've yet to find a doctor willing to prescribe it. (My husband is also not fond of the idea).
        Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
          Your welcome.

It is legal where I live, but I've yet to find a doctor willing to prescribe it. (My husband is also not fond of the idea).
          Ah, OK gotcha. Where I live, it seems to be fairly simple to sign up for it, etc. Out here, if a person's doctor won't prescribe it, if their condition is on the list of allowed, the dispensary has real doctors who will prescribe it to patients who need it.

I'm not fond of the idea either. Also, my husband is 13 years in recovery. However, the night before last, he finally said to me that he wants me to be comfortable and have more good days than I've been having. He told me there are CBD:THC ratios where patients don't feel any psychoactive effects so I'm willing to try it out to see if it brings some relief. I'm still reluctant though.

Thanks for sharing

Comment

I've never used it, but after having uncontrolled TN pain for a week, I think I would try it, if it were legal and for extreme circumstances.

It kinda sucks that we are faced with these horrible decisions to manage horrible symptoms.

Comment

Well, I'm happy to report that I got a rec card about a month ago. I am getting full body symptom relief so far at nights and on the weekends with very minimal cerebral effects and no other side effects. I've also experienced more calm and better moods, I'm able to eat better, and sleep better.

I also notice less fatigue when utilizing sativa specific strains. I am currently trying to find the right combination to be able to get relief during the day at work because even with the mild cerebral effect I experience, I don't feel comfortable with that at my place of work. It's also one of the reasons amongst a ton of other reasons why I couldn't take the narcotic pain meds they gave me, regularly, for effective relief.

When I went the first day at work after my holiday vacation without anything and came home to take some medicine, I started crying because I couldn't believe how much pain I deal with every day. I forgot what normal feels like.

Anyway, just thought someone else might want to read an update.

Comment

Isn't it incredible...

When you find something that works! Pain exists on so many levels, it can be hard to find total relief. May we all find and have continued access to whatever it is that makes us individually feel better.

In my case it is a specific strain of marijuana, in a specific form and I'd have to move to California or other place to have access to it. I can't even move to my living room lol. Well wishes to All!

Originally posted by jamilea View Post
                Well, I'm happy to report that I got a rec card about a month ago. I am getting full body symptom relief so far at nights and on the weekends with very minimal cerebral effects and no other side effects. I've also experienced more calm and better moods, I'm able to eat better, and sleep better.

I also notice less fatigue when utilizing sativa specific strains. I am currently trying to find the right combination to be able to get relief during the day at work because even with the mild cerebral effect I experience, I don't feel comfortable with that at my place of work. It's also one of the reasons amongst a ton of other reasons why I couldn't take the narcotic pain meds they gave me, regularly, for effective relief.

When I went the first day at work after my holiday vacation without anything and came home to take some medicine, I started crying because I couldn't believe how much pain I deal with every day. I forgot what normal feels like.

Anyway, just thought someone else might want to read an update.

Comment

Yes it is,you want to tell everyone who has pain,about it

Comment

It’s not all it’s cracked up to be. It only lasts so long. For me, it happily stops bladder frequency, otherwise I’d never make it to the lavatory, because while it helps with spasticity in the legs, it kills any remaining feeling.

Comment

So much info on here about Cannabis that I really don't know what's what. I'm not interested in smoking up, I just want to know about the oil. I sleep fine, don't have any pain, but just would like to try it for some endurance for my legs and hand so I can exercise, etc. I'm not interested in taking it if I can't drive or I'm whacked out. Does this help with things or what? I take Avonex. Any interactions?

Comment

Working...
                      X