Failed Adoption due to RRMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Adoption due to RRMS

We started an international adoption process years before I was diagnosed. When we updated our medical history my MS was disclosed. We spent 3 months working on the adoption of a specific child when the international agency denied us due to my MS which they knew about the whole time. I'm pretty devastated. We have the option of trying another country or calling it over and done.

Has anyone had any success with adopting after their MS diagnoses?
    and here we go

I am so sorry! I'm sure this must be devastating. Have you tried adopting through the foster care system here in the states?

It seems as long as your doctor has faith and considers you stable, you should be able to do it, as long as you can demonstrate that you have a strong back up plan, with means to follow through on it.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Comment

So sorry to hear. Hopefully, someone will be along with a helpful story to share.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thank you for the good thoughts and prayers. They mean a lot.

We have letters from my MD, MS Dr, personal trainer, etc saying I am more than up to it. We included back up plans too. I'm really at a loss. I'm wondering if even a state side adoption would go through.
        and here we go

Comment

Working...
        X