Diagnosed 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosed 2011

Hi, I first notice that I had the same thing happening to as did my mother, she had MS. I have Falling, Triple vision in both eyes, sluring of my words, etc..My first Neuro Doctor put me thru alot of testing to tell me, I might have MS. But all the testing didn't say it was. This went on for 2 years. It became harder to drive 100 miles to see my neuro, so we found someone closer to home. He diagnosed me with a pinched nerve in my neck. I did not like him and either did my husband. I asked around and found my current Doctor and has been with him for since. I am having new problem with my walking, my left leg forgets to walk, so I'm falling. In the pass 4 months I have falling 12 times. It time again for a MRI in Nov.. I have been talking to my Doctor of going out of work on disability, at the end of the year. I love working at my job, but I work at a ARC.

And it is gettig harder for me to do the lifting. My strenght is going.
    I have a wonderful husband, we have 2 sons with girlfriends, and my daughter that is married and gave us 2 grandchildren. They are my strenght and my helpers.

Hi and welcome!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to MSWorld! All those falls is concerning, though. Seriously consider a mobility aid, such as a 4 wheeled walker. The last thing you need is an injury, such as a broken bone.

Best of luck
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

My Mother Too

My mother also had MS but I had no idea all the symptoms it could cause. I just thought you got it and then ended up in a wheelchair. Boy was I wrong! I haven't fallen outside my house yet only inside but I use a cane every time I go out and can't drive because I am dizzy all day every day. Be very careful; falling that many times can be dangerous for you. You really don't want to break any bones!

Hope to hear more from you!

Comment

Welcome!

Hello and welcome!

I'm sorry that you have to be here and that your mom is part of the group. At least you have each other to bounce ideas and symptoms with that no one else would understand.

I hope that you would jump right in with questions and advice.

I would definitely get or use a walker or cane for your safety. You really don't want to break something.

Comment

Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
            X