some information about Zinbryta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some information about Zinbryta

before I start I must preface this by saying that this is all from Biogen.
    Zinbryta can cause some serious side effects, including bbut not limited to liver problems, immune system problems. You are urged to call your doctor immediately if you experience nausea or vomiting, stomach pain, unusual tiredness, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin or the whites of your eyes, dark urine,skin reactions , tender, painful, or swollen lymph nodes, colitis, and new or unexplained symptoms affecting any part of your body.
    DO NOT USE IF;
    you have liver problems
    have or have ever had autoimmune related liver problems
    are allergic to daclizmab (Zinbryta)
    AND REMEMBER ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is using this medication and can give some feedback as I'm considering changing to it from Gilenya which I have been on for the last 3.5 years but due to 2 new lesions in the past year my Neuro wants me to change. I guess that due to it being such a new medication there aren't many patient reviews available online. This would be my 3rd medication after Copaxone and then Gilenya.

Cheers!

Comment

wWELCOME TO MSWORLD !!!
      I do not know anything about it other than the informational packet that I was sent, but I did go to the neurologist about a month ago and she gave it a thumbs up. For what that's worth.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've decided to change to Zinbryta, had my Last Gilenya pill yesterday so now a 4 week wash out period before I start Zinbryta, also need to get blood work done to check my liver.

Comment

Brass - I too am looking for a DMD. Have you started on Zinbryta yet? Like you I am looking for real life experience with what to expect before making a decision.

Used Avonex for several years but have a true needle phobia so it was not the best fit. Then Gilenya for 5 years until side effects became more than I was willing to live with. Most recently Aubagio. That one only lasted 10 days before I threw in the towel.

Neuro is insistent that I MUST be on a DMD, and while I understand his reasoning I am not wanting to pick another poison.
          Anything you can share will be very much appreciated!

Comment

msgijo, yes started in December & monthly self injection since, absolutely no side effects whatsoever, need to go for blood work every month so they can check my liver again no issues with liver after 5 months. Health wise I've been feeling good and no flare ups since I started. Will be getting MRI in October so will have better idea then how it's going.

I would recommend it. (Well so far anyway)

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              Brass - I too am looking for a DMD. Have you started on Zinbryta yet? Like you I am looking for real life experience with what to expect before making a decision.

Used Avonex for several years but have a true needle phobia so it was not the best fit. Then Gilenya for 5 years until side effects became more than I was willing to live with. Most recently Aubagio. That one only lasted 10 days before I threw in the towel.

Neuro is insistent that I MUST be on a DMD, and while I understand his reasoning I am not wanting to pick another poison.
              Anything you can share will be very much appreciated!
              I posted a new thread about this drug (guess I didn't look good enough before doing that-SORRY) but I TOO am interested in this new DMD. I read a bit this morning on the makers site Was just reading up on the new subcutaneous once a month shot called ZINBRYTA.

Wanting to hear those who are on it, or were in the Clinical Trials. It is very interesting to me.

PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW.

Many thanks
              Peace to all,
              LM
              RRMS 11/11/2005, SPMS 20011 (guess I 'graduated')

Comment

Working...
              X