Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little unsure of going on another date...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little unsure of going on another date...

Hi everyone. I am 50 (almost 51), was dx with RRMS in Jan. 2000. Been on Rebif since 2001. Live alone (well, with my cats); my two boys are grown with families of their own. One lives in state, one out of state. No other family. I retired from my 26 year job with the state 2 years ago.

My issue is: I last dated (was a friend, someone I knew and worked with for 20 years) in 2009. He never knew I have MS--and I had a bit more energy than I do lately. We stopped dating, but remained friends. Anyway, another friend I've known about 8 years (also does not know about the MS) recently took me out for daytime coffee twice and dinner once. He is very much a gentleman (we did kiss after the dinner and went our separate ways). He sends me "good morning" and "goodnight, sleep well" texts...like I said above, we've known each other 8 years.

Then...he just sent me a txt asking if he invited me to his home for coffee or to watch a movie, would I go. I replied "I might do that". And, true to form, now I'm feeling very nervous. The friend I dated (in 2009), we went to dinner a few times, and he came by my house a few times. That stopped in 2009, and time has gone by to say the least. I don't have a lot of energy, don't go to a gym, feels out of my element--and I don't know what to do. I trust him completely (he is a retired law enforcement officer)....but again, he doesn't know I have MS.

Say I go to his home for a movie (I don't invite people over to my home since my house is needing some work done and I feel a little embarrassed. Not to mention I have cats, and they tend to demand attention, affection.). What happens if he becomes affectionate....maybe wanting more than kissing? (This sounds so silly as I'm typing...) I have some bruising/red marks where my shots are on my stomach and upper/outer thighs....so he'd probably ask what those are. And I'm not as limber/tone as I used to be.

How do I handle this? I enjoyed going to coffee and dinner with him, we've known each other 8 years (he works security at the building I used to work in), he's very much a gentleman, he's 51. But I am afraid....and shy....

Thank you for reading this, and any guidance.....sorry it's so long.
    Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

I'd just take it as it comes and let it naturally go where it goes. If it was me, I would tell someone that I had MS because I'd far rather 'scare' them off before my heart got too engaged in things than it come up further down the track and them do a runner. If there are longer term prospects for the two of you, he won't bat an eyelid at your having MS.

Have fun, and good luck

Poppy

Comment

Working...
    X