Head of household with ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head of household with ms

Anyone out there also have ms and is also the main wage earner? I do have a short term disability in place but always have that black cloud of worry over my head about that chance of a long term disability and what my options would be to support my family.

Originally posted by jackiey View Post
    Anyone out there also have ms and is also the main wage earner? I do have a short term disability in place but always have that black cloud of worry over my head about that chance of a long term disability and what my options would be to support my family.
    I went through exactly the same thing. Luckily, my wife and I made a fairly similar amount, butthe shockof going from earning a weekly paycheck to SSDI was still quite a shock to the pocket book. I hope things work out for you as they did for me. Best of luck!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Divorced head of household

Hi,
      I'm worried about the same thing, since I am divorced and need to work to support my 4 kids. My child support has been decreasing over the years and I am back in court yet again spending my savings defending myself and at the same time having to accept less in child support. My MS has been acting up and I am so worried about what I am going to do if I can't continue working ;(

Never mind when I have to start paying for college in a couple of years.
      Lilac

Comment

Yep

I was the sole income earner with MS. Physically the MS was not a major issue for 18 years but became more difficult in the last couple of years (hands not legs). Cognitively however MS did take a toll and work became very stressful. Hopefully your MS will be mild enough so that you can work at last until 50. After that part time (mornings) is a good option if you can. I don't work now, but you need other activities or the boredom will drive you nuts.

Comment

Breadwinner

I understand what you are saying. I am the only one who works. I am a single mother with one kid still at home. Child Support is a joke. $49.98 a week. I am very concerned about the future. I don't want to hold any of my children back by being unable to live independently. I know realistically I will eventually need help. I just hope it's as far away as possible. But then I guess everyone has the same issue. MS or not

Comment

Working...
          X