Exhaustion and pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaustion and pain

I just went through 12 days of having my husband in the hospital with pneumonia. I drove back and forth ( a 30 minute drive each way ) most every day. Coupled with the stress of having him sick and the fatigue of running, running, running I am absolutely exhausted. I am fatigued to the point of being in pain.

Has anyone experienced enough fatigue to actually make your body hurt and feel weak? Is this just an extreme type of fatigue and can it do any harm? The whole time he was gone I felt hyper... could not stop moving.... doing work around the house and errands and just in general trying to get things done that I can never do when he's here. So now the exhaustion has set in and I can't rest. Trying a little Xanax to try to come back to earth.

Any suggestions? Anyone have personal stories about this kind of stress/fatigue/pain????

Thanks.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Marti, I hope your husband is better and back home now. Hopefully you'll be able to rest and recuperate (do we ever??) now.

I have had a recent, similar experience with stress, exhaustion and resultant pain in connection with my husband's hospitalization. Like you, traveling from 'home' to the hospital was long; add a worrisome day of keeping vigil and then that drive 'home', and I was wiped out. Thankfully, I didn't take on too many chores though, as we were supposed to be on vacation and our 'home' was away-from-home. Your additional work and errands probably totally took the stuffing out of you. No wonder you're still feeling the stress!

Now a week later I am slowly beginning to feel less pain and tension. I wish there were a way for us to 're-boot' ourselves quickly, without going through the pain and the feeling of being completely wrung out and totally exhausted.

Comment

For me, it is anxiety that causes the pain. Thankfully, not something that has occurred frequently.

I hope both you and your husband feel better soon.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by DogMa View Post
        Marti, I hope your husband is better and back home now. Hopefully you'll be able to rest and recuperate (do we ever??) now.

I have had a recent, similar experience with stress, exhaustion and resultant pain in connection with my husband's hospitalization. Like you, traveling from 'home' to the hospital was long; add a worrisome day of keeping vigil and then that drive 'home', and I was wiped out. Thankfully, I didn't take on too many chores though, as we were supposed to be on vacation and our 'home' was away-from-home. Your additional work and errands probably totally took the stuffing out of you. No wonder you're still feeling the stress!

Now a week later I am slowly beginning to feel less pain and tension. I wish there were a way for us to 're-boot' ourselves quickly, without going through the pain and the feeling of being completely wrung out and totally exhausted.

Thank you so much. You'll never know how much this post means to me. Just knowing someone understands and has been there. I'm just hoping to get out of the hyper state. I think my BIG jobs are done so I can just concentrate on the ordinary, everyday little things. I'll be going around behind Sam trying to pick up after him! Men!
        Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
        X