Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera and weight loss

Hello,
    I've been on Tecfidera since April. I am doing very well, no side effects, flushed maybe 4 times. In general I am very happy the medication vorks well for me.
    The only concern I have is weight loss. Back in April I was 197, now I am 170.
    At first I was relating it with diet change, more fish, vegetables etc, but I crossed my mind it could be Tecfidera.
    What do you think? Anybody had that concern?
    Thank you

Tecfidera

All I can say is "I wish!!" I have had absolutely no weight loss with Tecfidera, and the help would be much appreciated. Likely something else... I've been on Tecfidera for two years. As long as I eat when I take it, almost no side effects for me. Hope that helps!
    ~ Marie
    Initial symptoms - March 2014
    Diagnosis - June 2014

Comment

Thank you Marie!

I am glad Tec works fine for you.
      I am also taking CoQ10 , Krill Oil and Vit D. Would any of this cause weight loss? I know Co q10 helps in producing energy and speeds up digestion. Would it be the reason?

Comment

I'm taking Tec with same vitamins and I'm having the opposite problem! I don't eat more, in fact Hubby always worries about me not eating enough. But I've gained 20 pounds in the last 3 months.

Comment

I lost weight too; I felt I was eating fine (obviously wasn't-but I never felt hungry)got down to 98 lbs-too low. Had to stop the Tec, weight crept up again.

Comment

Wieght loss for me

I had a similar experience; I didn't feel like my normal hungry, so I didn't eat. It showed on the scale when I lost ten pounds or more. I changed to Tysabri to calm down some new lesions and my appetite returned.

However, I also had motion sickness on Tech, so there may have been a connection to that. How about you?
            Gatitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings." - William Arthur Ward.

Comment

Working...
            X