New Software to help better read MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Software to help better read MRI

I hope this software immediately starts paying dividends for MS patients. For most of us we have two main disease stages; the first stage is inflammatory and the second neurodegenerative largely via brain decay.

Today, if a mri shows no additional lesion load we are considered stable even if our brains are under extreme duress at other times of the year.

This software will essentially make more subtle changes more easily detectable for a more accurate reading. These additional measurements can be used to make more informed medication decisions and guide different therapies.

How much difference can there be? Researchers claim that a MS brain can decay several times faster than a normal brain. That's one reason MS patients start having memory problems, difficulties paying bills or remembering our medications.

Obviously, it's better if our brains were not decaying, but to be able to measure and track it over time is a great advancement.

Please look at these images of a brain considered stable.

http://www.msdiscovery.org/news/news...more-meets-eye

Thanks Marco. I find this fascinating. I am grateful that my neuroscience have both treated the patient, and not just the MRI.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X