Frustrated with Meds not agreeing with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated with Meds not agreeing with me

I have to stop Aubagio. I have an abnormality in my liver enzymes. Previous to that, I had a low wbc of 0.5, so I was told by my neurologist to continue taking it but just every 2nd day. My wbc came up to 0.8 in one month, so I thought everything was going well. Nope.

Before Aubagio I was on Tecfidera and my wbc fell to 0.4. Had to stop that.

Before that was Copaxone and I was having frequent post injection site reactions that were awful. I've also been on Avonex which made me feel like crap for a few days after.

So I just feel so frustrated right now. My neuro says there's other options for me and we will discuss those at the next appointment, but I just feel annoyed with it all. I have problems walking and use a cane and my body seems to be getting worse, not better. I'm fed up with it all. Maybe Meds aren't the answer for me??? I just want to take something and move on with my life.

Just needed to vent.
    DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Don't know what to do. STRESSED

I was just recently taken off of Aubagio because my liver enzymes were elevated 5 times my baseline. I have to do the 11 day wash out now, which I'm not looking forward to but what I'm really stressed about is my next Med choice. Gilenya or Lemtrada.

The possible side effects scare me. My neuro said she doesn't think being off of Meds is an option for me so I feel pressured to pick between 2 drugs that scare me. I feel like the more research I do the more confused I become.

Ive been on Copaxone. Avonex, Tecfidera and now Aubagio. I've had issues with all of them so this adds to my worry and paranoia. Especially when I read things like "may increase risk of skin cancer". 😖

Anyone have any any advice for me or experiences with either drug that may help me? Thanks in advance.
    DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

Working...
    X