Gabapenton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gabapenton

whats your experience on gabapenton what did you used it for and you still on it

I have been on Gabapenten (sp) for years. It is supposed to keep nerve pain in my legs from flaring. I think it works It seems to be under control.. I do not know if I can attribute it to it or the Tysabri I'm on. ?? Anyway I am thankful the nerve pain isn't worse.
    Linda

Comment

I was put on Gabapentin for pain. I haven't had any great side effects from it, apart from it making me feel a little bit ambivalent about most things when on a higher dose.

I've recently discovered, as I've lowered my dose, that it's been helping with nystagmus type symptoms so an added bonus there. I've weaned down to 300 mg per day but will probably have to go back up to 600 as it's quite nice only seeing one of some things.

Comment

I started on gabapentin for parathesias, had electric shock sensations and also spasms in my legs. Took 100 3 x a day and it was much better. Recently started having seizures though and they have increased my dose to 200-200-400. My balance is way off from that dose though and I've fallen a few times. Seizures are still going on too so not helpful for that. So back down to 200-100-200 and moving on.

Comment

I was up to 800mg three times a day with a morphine as well. There is no doubt that I would give up the morphine way before I ever gave up the Gabapenton. It was upped to 1200mg 3 times a day and could have gone up to 1600mg at max dose. I have been switched to Lyrica and have not decided if it is doing enough yet.

Comment

Gabapentin

I was on Gabapentin, Baclofen and Morphine for years. I made the switch to Prialt which is a non narcotic. I had to wean of the Morphine while increasing the Prialt. This took around 6 months. I have found this medication to be more efficient in controlling my chronic pain. This medication has to be administered through a Baclofen pump. As a side benefit I have been able to eliminate any oral Baclofen.
            Rich

Originally posted by MarkDunck View Post
            I was up to 800mg three times a day with a morphine as well. There is no doubt that I would give up the morphine way before I ever gave up the Gabapenton. It was upped to 1200mg 3 times a day and could have gone up to 1600mg at max dose. I have been switched to Lyrica and have not decided if it is doing enough yet.

Comment

Gabapentin provided marginal relief for me. Medical Marijuana is substantially more helpful for pain and spasticity. I do not take Gabapentin since starting MMJ 10 moths ago. I take MMJ at a 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC

Comment

Working...
              X