MEDICAL RECORDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MEDICAL RECORDS

Hello everyone it's been quite a while since I've on the forum. I have a question about medical records. Can we get a copy of our records whenever we want or is there something in Hippa that prevents it?
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

I always just sign the release form and fill in the information I need and they mail the reports. Sometimes it takes awhile.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

At the facilities I have worked you have to make the request through medical records and usually pay a fee for the copying/printing.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

You can get a copy whenever you want. If they are for personal reasons, I don't usually have a fee. If it is for LTD or SSDI, and additional paperwork, I have a fee. Some offices I had to sign that for personal use and can't be used in any legal proceedings. If needed for legal, then lawyer has to request and pay a fee, which ultimately I pay.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
          At the facilities I have worked you have to make the request through medical records and usually pay a fee for the copying/printing.

Mine have always been free.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Exactly the opposite

Originally posted by Waydwnsouth1 View Post
            ...Can we get a copy of our records whenever we want or is there something in Hippa that prevents it?
            http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-individ...dical-records/

Under HIPAA it's exactly the opposite: the records are yours and you have a right to them. The act does allow for copying fees though.

Comment

Working...
            X