Cannibus oils available in Aus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannibus oils available in Aus?

Have read a lot recently about cannibus oils helping spastisity and other derivatives helping with cognition etc (without the high).
    I'm in Australia and as far as I know I can't obtain any of these to try.
    Can any one else from Aus give me any suggestions?
    Thanks n all the best.

Sorry but the THC is the active ingredient that helps with spasticity. The "Oil" or Rick Simpson Oil is HIGHLY concentrated cannabis and would definitely get you high. If you want to try just get some cannabis and get an INDICA strain NOT sativa and smoke it or just eat a bud. CBD's are what you are thinking of (without the high). CBD's are great anti-inflammatories. But unfortunately you need the THC and like all drugs you will get used to it. You can't OD. Most cannabis is a mix of Indica and Sativa get an INDICA dominate strain. I can't stress this enough.

All I can say is I am legal and it TRULY works and works great. I take no opiates for pain and when I start getting leg cramps I take a couple "puffs" and instantly gone. Best of luck! I thought Australia had medical cannabis? Forget the oils they are for cancer patients and children with seizures.

Comment

Originally posted by vender View Post
      Sorry but the THC is the active ingredient that helps with spasticity. The "Oil" or Rick Simpson Oil is HIGHLY concentrated cannabis and would definitely get you high. If you want to try just get some cannabis and get an INDICA strain NOT sativa and smoke it or just eat a bud. CBD's are what you are thinking of (without the high). CBD's are great anti-inflammatories. But unfortunately you need the THC and like all drugs you will get used to it. You can't OD. Most cannabis is a mix of Indica and Sativa get an INDICA dominate strain. I can't stress this enough.

All I can say is I am legal and it TRULY works and works great. I take no opiates for pain and when I start getting leg cramps I take a couple "puffs" and instantly gone. Best of luck! I thought Australia had medical cannabis? Forget the oils they are for cancer patients and children with seizures.

Vender, I don't what you have been smoking, but I use a CBD oil with a little THC and it works great and I don't get high. I used to smoke, but now only use the oil and only made from flower not shake. It is expensive, but it is the only thing that works for me. Smoking used to help me sleep when my cramps/spasms were milder, but now it just makes me wobbly. We are all different. What works for one person may or may not work for another.

Comment

I have been smoking cannabis? No need for insults. Unless you have your very own mass spectrometer you have not a clue what is in your product. Sorry. "a little THC"? "I don't get high"? Like I stated you will get used to it. This is the problem with it right now, unregulated, too many people who don't have a clue as to what they are doing or making. Green rushers.

Anyways, I was just trying to offer some advice, years of actual scientific studies, data, access to lab equipment..... And in Colorado right now test result are showing high levels of pesticides. FYI. But you're correct I am probably baked out of my mind dude. Everyone is different. Stay chill brah.

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Thanks for the replys and info.
          Unfortunately you're both in the States.
          I still don't know for sure if anything is legally available in Aus for medicinal purposes.
          Can prob find out off doc , just have to remember to ask.
          All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
            Hi Guys,
            Thanks for the replys and info.
            Unfortunately you're both in the States.
            I still don't know for sure if anything is legally available in Aus for medicinal purposes.
            Can prob find out off doc , just have to remember to ask.
            All the best
            You can get medicinal cannabis in Qld. Trouble is, it's a rare doctor who will prescribe it. And it doesn't do the same job.

Sleeping tablets; Valium; Oxy; yep; a bit of "yaarndi" (as they call the smokeable variety up here) nope.

Comment

I think there is currently a massive medical trial of medicinal cannabis going on in Australia, looking at it's use for epilepsy and MS after a family donated $23 million for this because their granddaughter had terrible epilepsy. There was a doco on TV a few weeks ago about this - Israel have apparently been studying it for the last 20 years!!

If it's anything like NZ, you might be able to get Sativex. It's available but have to have failed on all other drugs known to man, jump through lots of hoops and here's the kicker, it's $1,000 per month. Hopefully after the Australian trials things might improve on this front.

A few weeks ago I got to the point of organising to illegally trial marijuana for the hug, but chickened out at the last minute. Might not next time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy7402 View Post
                I think there is currently a massive medical trial of medicinal cannabis going on in Australia, looking at it's use for epilepsy and MS after a family donated $23 million for this because their granddaughter had terrible epilepsy. There was a doco on TV a few weeks ago about this - Israel have apparently been studying it for the last 20 years!!

If it's anything like NZ, you might be able to get Sativex. It's available but have to have failed on all other drugs known to man, jump through lots of hoops and here's the kicker, it's $1,000 per month. Hopefully after the Australian trials things might improve on this front.

A few weeks ago I got to the point of organising to illegally trial marijuana for the hug, but chickened out at the last minute. Might not next time though.
                Okay, this is my experience thus far.
                The "Tooth Fairy" gave me proper cannabis oil to try two weeks ago. Cost literally nothing, and more will arrive. Some people are kind.

It tastes horrible - like olive oil - and it makes you quite thirsty. It doesn't get you high, so much as sleepy.
                But it works. It's a cure and doesn't pretend to be, but it definitely helps. E.g. Trips to the lavatory; 8 times a night down to twice.
                I don't know what Ampyra is supposed to do, but I can wall-walk/ wheelie-walk much, much faster.
                Balance better. Can have a shower without panicking quite so much.

The effect doesn't last all that long; it does make you feel weird, but not paranoid or drunk, just red-eyed and vaguely cheerful.
                It will make you sleep; and it does seem to help a lot with spasticity - I can flex my feet.

No good if you have a job, drive a car or want to represent your country at the Olympics. 🙃

Comment

Hi everyone . My ms doctor has suggested the use of the gummy bears to try and help with a lot of my symptoms. Especially pain because I can't take pain meds as they make me sick.

I do take Baclofen for muscle spasms and have for years. I take sinement for tremors, which isn't helping that much lately. I take Neurontin for neuro pain.

I also live with lots of pain in my back from having compression fracture to the amount of 14.

It's legal where I live , but don't know anything about the cost. My family feels if it would give me better quality of life then I should consider it.

I'm going to discuss it with my my doctor again tomorrow when I see him. I guess I'm old school and afraid of long term effects or how it will make me fell in general. Would love to get through a day without so much pain from different issues as everyone dealing with MS feels.

Thanks for your post, there very informative.

Wishing you all the best !!
                  Lynn, Proud Gold Star Mom of
                  Cpl Christopher W. Belchik
                  KIA IRAQ August 22, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                    Okay, this is my experience thus far.
                    The "Tooth Fairy" gave me proper cannabis oil to try two weeks ago. Cost literally nothing, and more will arrive. Some people are kind.

It tastes horrible - like olive oil - and it makes you quite thirsty. It doesn't get you high, so much as sleepy.
                    But it works. It's a cure and doesn't pretend to be, but it definitely helps. E.g. Trips to the lavatory; 8 times a night down to twice.
                    I don't know what Ampyra is supposed to do, but I can wall-walk/ wheelie-walk much, much faster.
                    Balance better. Can have a shower without panicking quite so much.

The effect doesn't last all that long; it does make you feel weird, but not paranoid or drunk, just red-eyed and vaguely cheerful.
                    It will make you sleep; and it does seem to help a lot with spasticity - I can flex my feet.

No good if you have a job, drive a car or want to represent your country at the Olympics. 🙃
                    Me again - I left out a fairly crucial "not". It is NOT a cure, but it helps.
                    None of the other drugs are a cure, either, and the ones I've taken have made me feel worse.
                    If I can take something that helps with spasticity, pain, insomnia, and the need to lurch to the lavatory ten times a night - can't see the problem.
                    Might get a little bit gently stoned.
                    Hardly "Reefer Madness".
                    It's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                    X