WHEELCHAIRS SUGGESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHEELCHAIRS SUGGESTION

I currently have, and am not happy with,an Amy systems (alltrack) wheelchair. It does not ever seem to be operating correctly, I just wondered if anybody else had trouble with these/ and who would you recommend? Thank you
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

New one for me

I am ordering a new wheelchair myself. It is being put together from many different companies to cover MS and recent broken back. About the only things it won't have is aide driving and oxygen tank!

Hope you find answers soon. It is frustrating not having your legs when you need them.

KK

Comment

Originally posted by kellygrn View Post
      I am ordering a new wheelchair myself. It is being put together from many different companies to cover MS and recent broken back. About the only things it won't have is aide driving and oxygen tank!

Hope you find answers soon. It is frustrating not having your legs when you need them.

KK
      Wow, kellygrn, so sorry to hear you broke your back. That's just awful! How'd that happen, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have back surgery? (Hear that's a tough one to recover from even without MS). I hope you are on your way to a full recovery for your back (wish I could say the same about.MS).

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
      I currently have, and am not happy with,an Amy systems (alltrack) wheelchair. It does not ever seem to be operating correctly, I just wondered if anybody else had trouble with these/ and who would you recommend? Thank you
      Sorry you are having trouble with the Alltrack, I hadn't even heard of it until now. I just reordered a Quantum Q6, but remember you also had problems with that., think you had problems with the joysick contoller not working properly? Hesítated to order the first chair, but OT said contoller had been redesigned. I've had good luck with mine (except for one of the motors brushes wearing out, so now it's metal on metal and squeaks.). Knock on wood that I don't have any problems with my new one, especially since I'll be using it much more now. I suppose because you are such an active outdoorsman, you challenge your chair much more than I do.

Hope you find a powerchair that better suits all your needs. Please let us know what you decide on.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

RECAP

I have tried to contact the company, twice by email and four times by two different wheelchair places that sell their product, and I have yet to get a reply from them!

they are based out of Montréal, so I thought that their products would be a little better equipped to handle the elements where I live.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
        X