Tecfidera and HIGH BLOOD SUGAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera and HIGH BLOOD SUGAR!

Hey, I need some help with this tecfidera.

I am working on month two. I've noticed these past two weeks that I am having the same symptoms as if I am taking Solumedrol and my blood sugars are high--dry mouth, constant urination, increased appetite, numbness & tingling, and vision problems, so I began checking my glucose levels.

To my surprise, my levels are 300-400! They get like this when I am taking Solumedrol! I am a pharmaceutical diabetic, meaning I only have high blood sugars when I take certain meds. Has anyone else had this side effect from the tecfidera?
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Me too

I started Tecfidera recently, and after 7 days I noticed my blood sugars were very high. I am diabetic 2 and take Glucovance daily. However I’ve never been in the 300+ range. My blood sugars were averaging 300-375 within two hours of eating. I checked one and it was 375! I was waking up to a numbers like 275. So I stopped the tecfidera on the 10th day. Decided to go off of it for 10 days and study my blood sugar readings since I had just started taking it for 10 days.

My blood sugar is relatively back to normal. Waking up with numbers in the mid 100s. Now 2 hours after eating can be anywhere from 180 to low 200s. I know that that is high depending on the food but definitely not 375. I started back on Tecfidera today. I’m going to log my readings and will see my doctor in about a month. I know he will not attempt to change my medication if I don’t have logs blood sugar levels to show him. I have looked online for a correlation between Tecfidera and high blood sugar. It’s not a listed side effect however I have seen comments here and there in various forums that people have had this problem. Until it is an official side effect, don’t think doctors are going to be concerned.

Originally posted by tired_teacher View Post
    Hey, I need some help with this tecfidera.

I am working on month two. I've noticed these past two weeks that I am having the same symptoms as if I am taking Solumedrol and my blood sugars are high--dry mouth, constant urination, increased appetite, numbness & tingling, and vision problems, so I began checking my glucose levels.

To my surprise, my levels are 300-400! They get like this when I am taking Solumedrol! I am a pharmaceutical diabetic, meaning I only have high blood sugars when I take certain meds. Has anyone else had this side effect from the tecfidera?

Comment

I have literally no side effects from this medication, no sx since dx flare from flu in sept. 2017. Hope this continues for many, many, many years... fingers crossed 🤞

Comment

Working...
      X