Grieving this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grieving this evening

Not sure where to post this, as it isn't really a "general question or answer" and doesn't fit into other categories.

But, those of you who are parents will likely be able to relate to feeling another family's pain.

Our daughter's oldest friend (we have pictures of them playing together as babies; they attended each and every birthday party and sleepover together, etc) died in Oklahoma in a sky-diving accident. She went missing yesterday; her body was found today. Her name is Sheralynn Neff, if you wish to search for news articles or videos about her. She was 26 years old, and an experienced sky-diver. Honor student in high school and college; high school valedictorian; good musician, compassionate and caring young woman, etc.

Our hearts are heavy for her family.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I'm sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your daughter's lifetime friend. How awful.

Prayers for your family, and her's.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Faith.
      It is especially hard when someone young dies. Prayers for her family and yours.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

That is so sad and I am so sorry. Said a prayer for your family and hers.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Thank your for kind words. Still grieving deeply and asking all the "why" questions.

Memorial service will likely be scheduled in a week or two, as the body was cremated in Oklahoma where the accident occurred. My daughter will likely fly here for the service.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

so sorry to hear of your loss. Many prayers and thoughts go out to everyone involved.
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Faith, I was sorry to hear about your daughter's friend.

You gave the name, so I looked up her story. Such an odd set of circumstances.
              With a situation like that there are so many questions. It makes the "whys" so
              much more agonizing.

Prayers for those who are grieving.

Comment

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
                Faith, I was sorry to hear about your daughter's friend.

You gave the name, so I looked up her story. Such an odd set of circumstances.
                With a situation like that there are so many questions. It makes the "whys" so
                much more agonizing.

Prayers for those who are grieving.
                Yes; so many questions. Family is still waiting for FAA to complete investigation.

Friends of mine have suggested suicide, but family has received enough details that I don't suspect that as a possibility. I hope people aren't throwing out that speculation to family. One possibility I saw online is that harness may not have been the correct fit, or not fastened properly and slipped off the shoulders.

But, still so many questions about how such a tragedy could have occurred. I'veheard it was a reputable sky diving school.

Thanks for your prayers to those grieving. Family seems to be struggling, deeply, with grief. Please keep them in mind as you pray.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                X